In-Room in liquor and beer

wingit

Hi,

We're looking forward to our first Azamara cruise. My question is: are beer, soft drinks, and water stocked in the in-room refrigerator? Also, after we meet our room steward(dess) can we request that she bring a bottle of vodka to have in our room?

We've been on most other luxury/all inclusive lines before and would like to know how things work on Azamara.

Thanks very much to all who take the time to answer.

Hi,

We're looking forward to our first Azamara cruise. My question is: are beer, soft drinks, and water stocked in the in-room refrigerator? Also, after we meet our room steward(dess) can we request that she bring a bottle of vodka to have in our room?

We've been on most other luxury/all inclusive lines before and would like to know how things work on Azamara.

Thanks very much to all who take the time to answer.

Hi Wingit,

I believe that items in the Mini Bar are not included. As I haven't sailed with Azamara in a while, hopefully another member will confirm.

Here's a link to Azamara's website, which has a listing of included beverages: https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/booked-guests/onboard-packages/complimentary-beverages

Hope this helps, and have a wonderful Cruise !

The only items in the fridge that are free are the soda and juices. There is beer and premium water like Perrier, but you'll pay extra for those. Bottles of the included water will be left out in the cabin. If you are in a suite there's a bar set up of four small 37.5 cl bottles of spirits. Otherwise you won't be able to get a bottle of vodka, certainly as an included item. You are allowed to take as much drink as you like when hoarding the ship, so maybe buy a bottle of your favourite and take it in your hand luggage. I'm dubious about packing it in the case just in case it breaks.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

The only items in the fridge that are free are the soda and juices. There is beer and premium water like Perrier, but you'll pay extra for those. Bottles of the included water will be left out in the cabin. If you are in a suite there's a bar set up of four small 37.5 cl bottles of spirits. Otherwise you won't be able to get a bottle of vodka, certainly as an included item. You are allowed to take as much drink as you like when hoarding the ship, so maybe buy a bottle of your favourite and take it in your hand luggage. I'm dubious about packing it in the case just in case it breaks.

Phil

In regards to the lack of beer in the fridge, since certain beers are included and available in the bars, any reason why or why not we couldn't simply have the non-included items in the fridge removed for the entire cruise and simply get unopened beers that are included or even pay for non-included ones at the lower bar rate and store them in the fridge with the included pop and water.

Speaking of included pop and water in the fridge, assuming we can specify which types we want in the fridge and what our steward and/or butler restocks for the duration of our cruise.

Thanks for the responses,

No reason why not. Ask your steward to empty the fridge of pay drinks and let them know you'll have beer from the bar. You can only get one drink at a time ie you couldn't ask them for half a dozen bottles. Your steward/butler will be happy to stock your fridge with favourite sodas and juices. Just ask.

Phil

Thanks everyone for your replies. This policy doesn't seem at all logical to me ~ but it is what is.

If we were to want to have a drink on our balcony before dinner would we order it from room service?

Thanks again:)

I agree totally that the logic in that is completely lacking.

Hi Pam,

I was just talking to my husband about this incongruous policy. He surmised that since Azamara only recently went all inclusive perhaps they haven't ironed all the wrinkles yet. Anyway, it's a needless inconvenience but we won't let it deter us from having a great holiday!

Is the included beer & wine available whenever the bars are open?

The last bar to close on our cruise was at the Looking Glass lounge, with a posted closing time in the daily newsletter of 11:30pm, possibly later if dancing went on until the wee hours of the morning as it sometimes does. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong as to drinks being served after 11:30pm while people are still enjoying the lounge as we didn't stay much past midnight.

The last bar to close on our cruise was at the Looking Glass lounge, with a posted closing time in the daily newsletter of 11:30pm, possibly later if dancing went on until the wee hours of the morning as it sometimes does. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong as to drinks being served after 11:30pm while people are still enjoying the lounge as we didn't stay much past midnight.

The bar in Looking Glass will stay open for as long as there are people there wanting drinks, even if it's 2am.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

• 2 weeks later...

I just skimmed the different brands, both complimentary and "paid". I didn't see Gray Goose vodka on any of them; I do like my Cosmo made with GG. Hopefully I missed it?

Wingit, we'll just have to lose common sense while onboard, I guess. Sigh..