Passengers removed from ship for failure to muster

blazeinthesun

Hypothetically.....

Seeing HAL has trained and drilled over and over and over for decades for life boat drills to be conducted on deck at the life boat stations, Hypothetically, were they to switch to indoor muster stations how long would it take until crew is retrained to the point their actions and reactions in an emergency would become automatic they way they now have been trained.

I would foresee a long transition period when safety would be compromised.

The major part of their training would remain unchanged: the loading and launching of the lifeboats. Getting the passengers and crew members to the lifeboats from the changed muster stations would be a relatively small change, I would think, and could be part of crew training for several months prior to the change.

Hypothetically.....

Seeing HAL has trained and drilled over and over and over for decades for life boat drills to be conducted on deck at the life boat stations, Hypothetically, were they to switch to indoor muster stations how long would it take until crew is retrained to the point their actions and reactions in an emergency would become automatic they way they now have been trained.

Are you suggesting that because Princess and Celebrity (only 2 examples among many) were able to adjust that H.A.L. crew is any less able to move into the 21st century ?

Hypothetically.....

I think HAL crews are more adaptable than many of us are (they are younger, in most cases, we don't do change easily as we get older:o) - and at the moment Captain Albert is going from ship to ship conducting new safety drills.

Are you suggesting that because Princess and Celebrity (only 2 examples among many) were able to adjust that H.A.L. crew is any less able to move into the 21st century ?

:rolleyes:Of course, Not.

While I agree it would be more comfortable seated in a lounge for life boat drill, I'll yield to HAL's experience and training. They've been sending these ships to sea for a great many years....... it's over 150 years, isn't it? ...

Hypothetically.....Seeing HAL has trained and drilled over and over and over for decades for life boat drills to be conducted on deck at the life boat stations, Hypothetically, were they to switch to indoor muster stations how long would it take until crew is retrained to the point their actions and reactions in an emergency would become automatic they way they now have been trained.

I would foresee a long transition period when safety would be compromised

…and we all know that because its been done one certain way for a long time, that there cannot possibly be a better way to do it in the future.

Never change, keep doing everything exactly the same.

Scott & Karen

…and we all know that because its been done one certain way for a long time, that there cannot possibly be a better way to do it in the future.

Never change, keep doing everything exactly the same.

Scott & Karen

By golly, we think you have cited the HAL philosophy. If it was good enough in the 1800s why change now ?

Edited by Hlitner

By golly, we think you have cited the HAL philosophy. If it was good enough in the 1800s why change now ?

Do you know how HAL conducted life boat drills in the 1800's?

That was a bit before we started cruising. :D Then again, wasn't really 'cruises' back then, was it?