Dress Code - No Jeans policy

NeilP57

We sailed on the Star in November out of San Juan. Let me qualify this by saying I work for myself out of my house...jeans are dressing up for me! I packed for the cruise like all others we have taken, dress pants/khaki's and polo shirts. The first night at Manfredi's I spotted an older dude (we are both "just" 50...older being relative!!) wearing very nice jeans. That was it for me...jeans the rest of the nights except when we ate outdoors where I wore shorts.

We are booked for the Carib/Panama Canal 15 Day in November/December and I will not be packing any dress pants. One more plus for Viking in my book!!

We sailed on the Star in November out of San Juan. Let me qualify this by saying I work for myself out of my house...jeans are dressing up for me! I packed for the cruise like all others we have taken, dress pants/khaki's and polo shirts. The first night at Manfredi's I spotted an older dude (we are both "just" 50...older being relative!!) wearing very nice jeans. That was it for me...jeans the rest of the nights except when we ate outdoors where I wore shorts.

We are booked for the Carib/Panama Canal 15 Day in November/December and I will not be packing any dress pants. One more plus for Viking in my book!!

It will certainly lighten the luggage!

I did notice the shoes and from what I saw they had on the same athletic shoes that we wear here.
JiminyC_fan, I have read on websites comments about not wearing jeans or athletic shoes. Then you arrive in that country - France, Austria, Switzerland, Ireland - wherever (even China), and you see the same thing as everywhere else. There are some folks who are dressed for business, there are tourists from within that country and other countries dressed differently - there is no set rule! Have you ever traveled to Miami Beach in winter? European men in capri pants, socks and sandals - whatever - if they are comfortable and enjoying themselves, why concern ourselves? To each his own. BTW, thanks for your helpful threads.