Should I be bummed??

flygirl2

I just got a Priceline room for our pre-cruise stay in November in Miami. I bid Miami downtown and was hoping for Intercontinental or a couple other ones I've seen mentioned on these boards but got "Springhill Suites Marriott-Airport East". It said it was listed under Miami downtown which surprised me. Has anyone stayed here?

I have not stayed there and don't have much experience using Priceline but I'm a little surprised that location would be considered dowtown Miami. It's not exactly Airport but not really Downtown Area either. Is there anyway to call Priceline and explain the situation?

Priceline does list it as downtown, but it's worth calling them to discuss. Maybe if enough people call they will remove it; I called!

Because Springhill was on their Miami downtown 3 star list, I only bid 3-1/2 & 4 star - pricey!

Unless I'm looking at this map wrong, it looks like it's within the area that they call Dowtown on their website. http://www.priceline.com/hotels/startOffer.do?jsk=504a200a464a200a20141015161703b10011588510&plf=PCLH&FromHotelRTLPath=Y&searchType=CITY&cityName=Miami%2C+FL&numberOfRooms=1&cityID=3000003311&checkInDate=11%2F08%2F2014&checkOutDate=11%2F09%2F2014 So I really doubt the OP will have any luck complaining to them about the location.

I spent 20 min. yesterday on the phone with Priceline discussing the Springhill Suites in Downtown Miami area and you are correct it is in the Downtown area by a couple of blocks. What made me more upset was I found this hotel on http://www.lmtclub.com for $77! I usually always check the lowest price I can find decent hotels on other price before I bid on Priceline so I have a limit of what I will bid. When I told the guy on the phone I found it for this price he said he would honor that if he can find it online. But the issue was I was a member of Last Minute Travel so I use an user name and password. He said the price needed to be available to the general public so he couldn't honor it. A lesson learned. I wonder if they have free airport shuttle or/and free port transportation?? I will have to check into it.

I spent 20 min. yesterday on the phone with Priceline discussing the Springhill Suites in Downtown Miami area and you are correct it is in the Downtown area by a couple of blocks. What made me more upset was I found this hotel on http://www.lmtclub.com for $77! I usually always check the lowest price I can find decent hotels on other price before I bid on Priceline so I have a limit of what I will bid. When I told the guy on the phone I found it for this price he said he would honor that if he can find it online. But the issue was I was a member of Last Minute Travel so I use an user name and password. He said the price needed to be available to the general public so he couldn't honor it. A lesson learned. I wonder if they have free airport shuttle or/and free port transportation?? I will have to check into it.

This hotel is the reason I bid 3-1/2 and 4 star Downtown Miami. I sent an email to Priceline stating it should not be listed as Downtown Miami in my opinion. Hoping if they get enough complaints they will change the zone. Wishful thinking, I know.

Flygirl, I by chance caught your post on here, we are on the same Glory cruise as you and I was checking for hotels tonight. I have to say I used LMT to book the SpringHill Suites for $77. I owe you a drink because I never would have thought about it! :)

Flygirl, I by chance caught your post on here, we are on the same Glory cruise as you and I was checking for hotels tonight. I have to say I used LMT to book the SpringHill Suites for $77. I owe you a drink because I never would have thought about it! :)

Great!!

they wanted $49 to join.

m

When I joined it was free. I didn't know they had changed and now charge a fee.

Actually if you call the toll free number on the LMT website (where there is no fee) and tell them which hotel you would like they will book it for you if they have it avaliable.

Edited by Marie51