Wifi in Cozumel and other western ports

RavennaM

I remember reading someone posted a comment on Jamaica there was a kiosk that "sold" internet time all day, I think it was under $10.

Then I heard someone say talk to your cruise workers they know where the freebies at port are.

I too am looking and doing a search now.

Wish me luck

Sea Ya

There is a coffee shop in the little shopping area right off the ship. You have to buy something (coffee is Starbucks type and price) and ask for the password for the Wifi. I was there in April and it worked great and I didnt feel rushed. There is limited seating however. I am at work now, but when I get home, I will get you the name of the shop....

Since you are asking about places like Chankanaab, I assume that you would also mean other "pay" places as well.

Nachi Cocom has wifi for $5 for the day or you can pay for 1/2 hour I believe it is.

There is free wifi at Mr Sanchos and I heard that Paradise has it too.

• 2 months later...

Planning to spend most of the day @ Chankanaab and would love to know if they have WIFI???? I've googled & searched to no avail. Otherwise, I did find a list of free hotspots and hope some of them are in walking distance of the cruise pier :) Not sure of the date of the list, but here it is:

• Starbucks offers free Wi-Fi (for the first 15 minutes) in their store at the Punta Langosta Mall, across from the Punta Langosta pier.

• Carlos & Charlies offers free Wi-Fi in their restaurant/bar at the Punta Langosta Mall, across from the Punta Langosta pier.

• El Coffee offers free Wi-Fi in their restaurant/coffee house on Calle 3 Sur, between Avenida Rafael Melgar (the Malecon) and Avenida 5.

• Tony Rome's offers free Wi-Fi in their restaurant on Avenida 5, between Calle 3 Sur and A. R. Salas.

• Piratas offers free Wi-Fi in their bar/restaurant on Avenida 5 between A. R. Salas and Calle 1a Sur, on the main Plaza across from the Punta Langosta pier.

• Hard Rock Cafe offers free Wi-Fi in their restaurant/bar on Avenida Rafael Melgar (the Malecon), between Juarez and Calle 2 Norte.

• Corona Sports Bar offers free Wi-Fi in their cantina on Calle 1a Sur, between Ave. 5 and Ave. 10.

• Wet Wendy's Margarita House and Restaurant offers free Wi-Fi in their cantina on Ave. 5a, between Juarez and Calle 2 Norte.

• The Italian Coffee Company offers free Wi-Fi with purchase in their store on Avenida 30 and A. R. Salas, in the plaza near Burger King.

• Aqua Bar at the Hotel Flamingo offers free Wi-Fi in their bar, located on Calle 6 Norte between Avenida Rafael Melgar (the Malecon) and Ave. 5.

• Toro's Place Bar & Grill offers free Wi-Fi in their cantina on Avenida Rafael Melgar (the Malecon) and Calle 5 Sur.

• Rock 'N Java offers free Wi-Fi in their seaside cantina located at 602 Avenida Rafael Melgar

It is from this site -- they also list cell service info, internet cafes, as well as other Cozumel info

http://www.cruiseportinsider.com/cozumel.html#.UyysAYVLtNR

Planning to spend most of the day @ Chankanaab and would love to know if they have WIFI???? I've googled & searched to no avail. Otherwise, I did find a list of free hotspots and hope some of them are in walking distance of the cruise pier :) Not sure of the date of the list, but here it is:

• Starbucks offers free Wi-Fi (for the first 15 minutes) in their store at the Punta Langosta Mall, across from the Punta Langosta pier.

• Carlos & Charlies offers free Wi-Fi in their restaurant/bar at the Punta Langosta Mall, across from the Punta Langosta pier.

• El Coffee offers free Wi-Fi in their restaurant/coffee house on Calle 3 Sur, between Avenida Rafael Melgar (the Malecon) and Avenida 5.

• Tony Rome's offers free Wi-Fi in their restaurant on Avenida 5, between Calle 3 Sur and A. R. Salas.

• Piratas offers free Wi-Fi in their bar/restaurant on Avenida 5 between A. R. Salas and Calle 1a Sur, on the main Plaza across from the Punta Langosta pier.

• Hard Rock Cafe offers free Wi-Fi in their restaurant/bar on Avenida Rafael Melgar (the Malecon), between Juarez and Calle 2 Norte.

• Corona Sports Bar offers free Wi-Fi in their cantina on Calle 1a Sur, between Ave. 5 and Ave. 10.

• Wet Wendy's Margarita House and Restaurant offers free Wi-Fi in their cantina on Ave. 5a, between Juarez and Calle 2 Norte.

• The Italian Coffee Company offers free Wi-Fi with purchase in their store on Avenida 30 and A. R. Salas, in the plaza near Burger King.

• Aqua Bar at the Hotel Flamingo offers free Wi-Fi in their bar, located on Calle 6 Norte between Avenida Rafael Melgar (the Malecon) and Ave. 5.

• Toro's Place Bar & Grill offers free Wi-Fi in their cantina on Avenida Rafael Melgar (the Malecon) and Calle 5 Sur.

• Rock 'N Java offers free Wi-Fi in their seaside cantina located at 602 Avenida Rafael Melgar

It is from this site -- they also list cell service info, internet cafes, as well as other Cozumel info

I don't know about chankanaab but the other places you list are all in and around town. Whether you could walk to them depends on where you ship docks. They are within walking distance of Punta Langosta although Italian coffee company (don't know if it is still there) would be a long walk.

They are not within walking distance of International or Puerta Maya Piers.

Hoping to stay off the internet while we're on vacation but you never know.... thanks for sharing!

• 3 weeks later...
Planning to spend most of the day @ Chankanaab and would love to know if they have WIFI????
Well, it took a few weeks....but finally got a message back from the park via their Facebook page. They confirmed it: NO INTERNET AVAILABLE @ CHANKANAAB.

• 6 months later...
Well, it took a few weeks....but finally got a message back from the park via their Facebook page. They confirmed it: NO INTERNET AVAILABLE @ CHANKANAAB.
CHANKANAAB gave out incorrect information -- they were wrong. I visited in April and the restaurant and coffee shop in the park BOTH OFFERED FREE WIFI.

(was unable to edit previous post)

• 2 months later...

Any idea which of these would be closest to the RCL International Pier?

Thanks.