Whale watching

kenzie

I'm in Dominica on 15 March, cruise excursion is full for whale watching, we are party of 4 on wait list. I have sent anchorage hotel & island -captain Jerry emails but no response, any suggestions for contact appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm in Dominica on 15 March, cruise excursion is full for whale watching, we are party of 4 on wait list. I have sent anchorage hotel & island -captain Jerry emails but no response, any suggestions for contact appreciated.
Had just seen online that the boat that goes out of the anchorage hotel for whale watches does so on sundays and wednesdays at 2:00 PM.

Sorry OP...can't help you...however, I am curious....what months have folks seen whales around Dominica? Just curious as to what months of the year the whales are usually there.
Just read that mid November through March is the best time of the year to see whales, usually with a success rate of 85-90%.

Are there tour operators who offer whale watching tours? Well be there the end of March on Celebrity but the whale watching tour through the ship is already booked up.
In case you did not know, Celebrity offers two different tours. One, RO18, is 79.75, lasts 3.5 hours and it's on a larger boat. The other is ROA6, which is 109.75, lasts 2.5 hours and it's on a zodiac rib boat.

We went with Captain Jimmy on a cruise we took a few Decembers ago. We saw many whales, as well as dolphins and flying fish. Very knowledgeable and we got very close. Small boat, and you may get a little sea-sick if the water is rough. However, it was a great trip!