Taxis in Port Chalmers/Dunedin?

bluebeachbum

Take the shuttle, its a bit of a hike into Dunedin and its a lot cheaper than a taxi, if you could find one. Shuttle buses drop off and pick up at "The Octagon" during the day. The Octagon is in the centre of town.

• 1 year later...
Take the shuttle, its a bit of a hike into Dunedin and its a lot cheaper than a taxi, if you could find one. Shuttle buses drop off and pick up at "The Octagon" during the day. The Octagon is in the centre of town.

Hi guys we are on EOTS March 6th, 2016 and are very excited.

Just a quick question........does it cost much for the shuttle bus to Dunedin, we are thinking of hiring a car from Dunedin City :)

Thanks in advance

:)

Hi guys we are on EOTS March 6th, 2016 and are very excited.

Just a quick question........does it cost much for the shuttle bus to Dunedin, we are thinking of hiring a car from Dunedin City :)

Thanks in advance

:)

From memory, it was $12, but I can't be certain. I joined a shore excursion so wasn't required to use the shuttle.

I understand that a Taxi would have to be pre-ordered.

Probably easier to get shuttle to Dunedin as previously suggested, then get a taxi.

Its a long way for a taxi to travel out just to get a one way fare, so its not cheap. There is also a local bus service....but its timetable does not suit.

Dont muck around....hop on the shuttle..:):)

We were just there. Fortunately, the Seabourn Odyssey provided a free shuttle into town, which we took. I asked a taxi cab for the cost of a return trip and if memory serves was told $50NZ. It's a pretty fair distance. We did enjoy walking around town.