Hotels in Charleston

We have not found any in Charleston but there are some for hotels outside the city (ie: Mt. Pleasant area). Last time we actually looked into it some of the hotels no longer offered the shuttle and told us we could park for the week but would need to have a taxi take us to port (we did not do this).

The last couple of times we cruised out of Charleston we actually stayed in Summerville and drove into Charleston morning of cruise (we did not do any sightseeing as we visit Charleston quite often through out the year). We parked at the port and had no issues with parking there and found it to be quite convenient when we got back to have our car right there. We have not had any issues with parking at this particular port the last 2 times we have cruised from there.

We're looking ahead to January, 2018. Haven't seen ads for park and sail hotels in Charleston, SC. Anyone know of any?

We just used the Best Western Charleston Inn - 1540 Savannah Hwy

Second time there for use in the last 2 years, decent rooms, decent breakfast ( nothing to write home about) but the price is great for some of the other places I researched.

There are several other places that you can use but they are all alot more expensive.

You will need to call the hotel directly to book this, as the rate does not work right on their website..

We stayed at Mainstay Suites in Mt. Pleasant just across the bridge from downtown Charleston. It was literally at the end of the bridge. I think the rate was $100-$150 a night for our 2 bedroom suite which had 2 bedrooms (obviously) with queen beds in each room, as well as a pull out sofa bed. It also had a kitchen and I think 2 bathrooms. It was a really nice hotel for the price. Very secure location, and great staff. They let you leave your car there for the week free. We took an Uber to port and it cost around $15 for the 4 of us in an UberXL (we had a Yukon Denali on the way TO port and a BMW X3 on the way back) - The car was fine when we got back, the only damage that was done to it, was done by a few pigeons who didn't like out of towners.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in West Ashley. It is sparkling clean and the free breakfast is the best one I've had at any Hampton. I believe they have park-n-cruise package with a shuttle, but I'm not sure. We always just take a cab. A taxi that I call gives me a flat rate and is a quick drive to the port.

We are cruising out of Charleston in August 2017 and I called about 25 hotels looking for the same thing. We ended up at the Hampton Inn Mount Pleasant Isle of Palms, based on the recommendation of a friend who has stayed there twice and had a good experience. I got it free using hotel points, but I think it was around $170 a night including free breakfast. Parking is free and they have a secure area where we can leave our car (for free) while we are on the cruise, but they do not have a shuttle. She thought an oversized Uber would run about $20 to get all five of us and our luggage to the port.

We are cruising out of Charleston in August 2017 and I called about 25 hotels looking for the same thing. We ended up at the Hampton Inn Mount Pleasant Isle of Palms, based on the recommendation of a friend who has stayed there twice and had a good experience. I got it free using hotel points, but I think it was around $170 a night including free breakfast. Parking is free and they have a secure area where we can leave our car (for free) while we are on the cruise, but they do not have a shuttle. She thought an oversized Uber would run about $20 to get all five of us and our luggage to the port.

Should be a little less than that, but that's the best option. A taxi was double the cost of Uber from Mt. P to the port.