?? about using the Value Trips website

betmust

I have used them many times, including our upcoming visit Dec 24 to Hyatt Place.

You fill in the information on their site, credit card is needed to hold the reservation., pay at the hotel. They will email a confirmation with Hyatt Place 17th St confirmation number. If you need to cancel you contact Hyatt Place direct. You can phone Hyatt Place after to confirm. They have free airport shuttle, paid shuttle to port, $7 per night for parking, taxi is around $20 from airport or port, continental breakfast, close to shopping centers, restaurants, sun trolley.

I have used them many times and have never had a problem. I have a reservation for January right now. It took only 2 days to confirm after I applied for the reservation. Sometimes it takes about a week or so the get a confirmation back.

Read the fine print on the form because there are some blackout dates.

I have used them many times, including our upcoming visit Dec 24 to Hyatt Place.

You fill in the information on their site, credit card is needed to hold the reservation., pay at the hotel. They will email a confirmation with Hyatt Place 17th St confirmation number. If you need to cancel you contact Hyatt Place direct. You can phone Hyatt Place after to confirm. They have free airport shuttle, paid shuttle to port, $7 per night for parking, taxi is around $20 from airport or port, continental breakfast, close to shopping centers, restaurants, sun trolley.

Thank you very much for your help. I stayed at a Hyatt Place in Dania Beach last year and I really liked it. I don't think this is the same one. Are the shopping centers and restaurants within a reasonable walking distance? I had a recent knee injury and can walk but too long would bother it...

I have used them many times and have never had a problem. I have a reservation for January right now. It took only 2 days to confirm after I applied for the reservation. Sometimes it takes about a week or so the get a confirmation back.

Read the fine print on the form because there are some blackout dates.

Thank you for your reply - I did notice some black out dates. My date is Jan 15. They had listed Jan 13-14 and Jan 16. Hope that will not be an issue.

Thank you very much for your help. I stayed at a Hyatt Place in Dania Beach last year and I really liked it. I don't think this is the same one. Are the shopping centers and restaurants within a reasonable walking distance? I had a recent knee injury and can walk but too long would bother it...

There is a Outback within walking distance and there are others, (larger shopping center with grocery store, wine store, restaurants) further. There is a small shopping center within walking distance behind the hotel where there is a stop for the Sun Trolley in front of the grocery store (last time I stayed). My sister who has had a hip and knee replacements can do this.

Hyatt Place 17th St, is closer to the port than Hyatt Place, Dania Beach.

A few people on Cruise Critic sometimes do not hear back from Valuetrips but had reservations, if you have not heard back from them by next week, I would call Hyatt Place 17th St, 954-763-7670 and ask if they have a reservation for you. Check you spam also encase your confirmation is there.

Edited by phabric

Thank you everyone for all your replies. I am pretty excited to use this Value Trips. I just hope it goes through. I will keep my Hampton reservation until I get word that the Hyatt is confirmed.

It sounds like this Hyatt will be a good location for us. I know we like to go walk around a little and then have supper. May need to pick up some wine so this should fit the bill...

Does anyone know if there is a place to pick up liquor also? We like to sit at night and have a drink so may pick up a small bottle for the 4 of us...

Thanks

Thank you everyone for all your replies. I am pretty excited to use this Value Trips. I just hope it goes through. I will keep my Hampton reservation until I get word that the Hyatt is confirmed.

It sounds like this Hyatt will be a good location for us. I know we like to go walk around a little and then have supper. May need to pick up some wine so this should fit the bill...

Does anyone know if there is a place to pick up liquor also? We like to sit at night and have a drink so may pick up a small bottle for the 4 of us...

Thanks

Total Wine in the Harbor Shops shopping center (right next to the hotel) has an extensive liquor selection too.

• 1 month later...

An FYI for anyone looking up this same info later.

I booked Friday evening, probably after everything closed. Monday was a holiday. It's now Tuesday and I haven't heard anything or any emails. I did like someone else suggested. I called the hotel directly (choose front desk as option) and tell them I want to please find out if I have a reservation. The gentleman asks for my last name. He looks it up in his computer. He tells me that I have a reservation on X date. Perfect. Ask for the reservation number and write it down. You now can go to the Hyatt website and look up reservation and print your reservation out. Maybe an email will come from Valuetrips, maybe not, but now I have my reservation info and don't have to wonder!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can you book 2 nights thru value trips for the same price? I would like to book 6 rooms, hold with one charge card but have everyone pay for their room at the hotel, I assume that wouldn't be an issue? I guess my question is the charge card is onto hold the rooms only?

That's in advance....

Can you book 2 nights thru value trips for the same price? I would like to book 6 rooms, hold with one charge card but have everyone pay for their room at the hotel, I assume that wouldn't be an issue? I guess my question is the charge card is onto hold the rooms only?

That's in advance....

I was able to book 3 nights same price and cc was just to hold room settle up with hotel when you check out

Edited by pamkev

That's in advance....

I had 4 rooms reserved for different people for 2 nights each with my credit card on file.

I called Hyatt Place to added a different name to each reservation number (my name plus theirs) also asked for 2 double beds. Rooms have 2 double beds, and pull up sofa bed or king bed plus pull out sofa bed. We were all coming in at different times.

Once there, they can add their own credit card encase they charge anything. They paid for their own room. Hyatt Place evan split one room bill in half as it was for 2 single people.

When I received Valuetrips confirmation with 4 reservation numbers, I send a copy to each person so they would have a copy of the reservations numbers.

Hyatt Place charge $2 (2015) per room for shuttle from airport to hotel and $ for hotel to port. Call the hotel for pickup.