Great Stirrup Cay question

SissasMomE

A few more photos to whet your appetite! These are from my GSC visit on December 28, during a 3-day Sky cruise, when I rented a small cabana.

Small cabanas at GSC:

16278064381_60d1ac0433_c.jpg

Small cabana #21:

15657423504_a3f349ec58_c.jpg

Beach view from small cabana #21 (Norwegian Sky anchored in background):

16279859305_f4416ec5fa_c.jpg

Lagoon area at GSC (short walk from the cabana area):

16092336688_3beaf0508e_c.jpg

Edited by RoobyDoo

When are the cabanas usually available to book? I went on NCL, and I only see an option for an additional guest.

If you're only seeing the option to add a guest it may mean that the cabanas are sold out for your sailing, at least that's what it meant when I sailed. I did get lucky though because I called asking about availability and one just happened to be available. So it doesn't hurt to call & ask about availability.

• 3 weeks later...

So... I was so thinking about getting one of the cabanas for the day for the November 11th Escape voyage!!

Can anyone tell me how much they should cost? I am also only showing the additional guest option at this point.

I am really interested in the small one, but I would consider the larger one, too.

Thanks for any input!

We were able to get a small cabana for our Gem cruise about 83 days out or so. (It will be our first time at GSC in April.) What I'm confused about is in all the pictures I've seen, there are no loungers? Just regular chairs in the cabanas?

Also can someone please tell me about the 50$ food/beverage credit? We'll have the UDP, UBP so not sure what the credit could be used for?

OP, sorry to glom on to your thread.

Edited by AlexandNessa

So... I was so thinking about getting one of the cabanas for the day for the November 11th Escape voyage!! Can anyone tell me how much they should cost? I am also only showing the additional guest option at this point. I am really interested in the small one, but I would consider the larger one, too. Thanks for any input!

The cost varies, depending upon the ship, due to limited supply of the cabanas vs. higher demand by larger-capacity ships. I rented a small cabana when I was on the Sky in late December. The most recent prices that I've seen are:

Sky: $249 (small); $299 (large).

Gem and Pearl: $299 (small); $349 (large).

Breakaway and Getaway: $349 (small); $399 (large).

As noted by you and others, the cabana cost on Escape cruises is not showing on the website. I'd assume the costs on Escape would be the upper range, the same as BA and GA.

We were able to get a small cabana for our Gem cruise about 83 days out or so. (It will be our first time at GSC in April.) What I'm confused about is in all the pictures I've seen, there are no loungers? Just regular chairs in the cabanas?

If you look at the photo below of a small cabana, the 4 loungers are in the back along the wall. The mini-fridge is in the middle. Of course, the loungers can be moved to the front of the cabana, if desired. They're a bit heavy and are not meant to be moved onto the beach. If you want to lounge on the beach, you should use the existing beach chairs.

16454936795_bf5b622274.jpg

Also can someone please tell me about the 50$ food/beverage credit? We'll have the UDP, UBP so not sure what the credit could be used for?

Another member kindly posted a recent menu: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=45433270&postcount=5

Since you'll already have the UBP, maybe you'll want to order some food. But remember that the lunch buffet at the beach is complimentary. Or you could maybe order the 12 bottles of beer (whereas your UBP would only provide single bottles at a time). You'll be instructed to turn in your order the evening before your day at GSC, so it can be prepared in a timely manner.

Also please remember that this $50 credit is non-refundable, so whatever you don't use up will be lost. Personally I wish the $50 food/drink credit would be an optional part of the cabana cost. I used it to order sushi and a bottle of wine. But I would have been satisfied with the buffet food and with just ordering drinks individually (I didn't have the UBP).

So... I was so thinking about getting one of the cabanas for the day for the November 11th Escape voyage!!

Can anyone tell me how much they should cost? I am also only showing the additional guest option at this point.

I am really interested in the small one, but I would consider the larger one, too.

Thanks for any input!

I think they are $199.

The cost varies, depending upon the ship, due to limited supply of the cabanas vs. higher demand by larger-capacity ships. I rented a small cabana when I was on the Sky in late December. The most recent prices that I've seen are:

Sky: $249 (small); $299 (large).

Gem and Pearl: $299 (small); $349 (large).

Breakaway and Getaway: $349 (small); $399 (large).

As noted by you and others, the cabana cost on Escape cruises is not showing on the website. I'd assume the costs on Escape would be the upper range, the same as BA and GA.

I don't know where I got $199 from.

I am going in a few months and traveling with a 3 and 6 yr old. Can you please tell me more information about the large and small cabanas, as well as the clamshells? Where are they located in comparison to the water (as I would need to sit close to the water since I have two little ones would swim all day)? What is included with the cabanas? Are umbrella rentals available?

I don't know where I got $199 from.

I do remember seeing an older thread where someone else posted that their small cabana cost was $199. Maybe this was a special promotion or just an older quoted price. Or maybe $199 is a discounted cost during non-peak sailing dates (on the "smaller" ships). I paid $249 for a small cabana in late December aboard the Sky.

I am going in a few months and traveling with a 3 and 6 yr old. Can you please tell me more information about the large and small cabanas, as well as the clamshells? Where are they located in comparison to the water (as I would need to sit close to the water since I have two little ones would swim all day)? What is included with the cabanas? Are umbrella rentals available?

See photo below, which I took while standing at our small cabana, showing one of the beach areas (there are several other beach areas; this is just the one in front of the small cabanas). If your plan is to always be right near your kids at the water during the entire time, then the cabanas might not suit your purpose, since you won't be right at the water. But if you're willing to monitor your kids from this distance, then the cabana might work. The large cabanas are located a similar distance from the water, maybe even a little bit farther.

The small cabana includes: ceiling fan, 4 lounge chairs, table with 4 chairs, plates and silverware, small refrigerator, 6 beach towels, 4 float mats, a shower in the rear for rinsing off, 6 bottles of water, a small fruit platter, and a small platter of chips with salsa. Servers come around occasionally to take drink orders.

The cost of a clamshell was $29 (this was aboard the Sky, but I'd think the price would be the same for all ships). Umbrellas are not available.

16279859305_f4416ec5fa.jpg

See photo below, which I took while standing at our small cabana, showing one of the beach areas (there are several other beach areas; this is just the one in front of the small cabanas). If your plan is to always be right near your kids at the water during the entire time, then the cabanas might not suit your purpose, since you won't be right at the water. But if you're willing to monitor your kids from this distance, then the cabana might work. The large cabanas are located a similar distance from the water, maybe even a little bit farther.

The small cabana includes: ceiling fan, 4 lounge chairs, table with 4 chairs, plates and silverware, small refrigerator, 6 beach towels, 4 float mats, a shower in the rear for rinsing off, 6 bottles of water, a small fruit platter, and a small platter of chips with salsa. Servers come around occasionally to take drink orders.

The cost of a clamshell was $29 (this was aboard the Sky, but I'd think the price would be the same for all ships). Umbrellas are not available.

16279859305_f4416ec5fa.jpg

Which beach has the small cabanas?

Edited by SissasMomE

Which beach has the small cabanas?

The photo that I posted previously is the beach in front of the area with the small cabanas. But I'm not sure if that answers your question. Maybe these two additional photos will explain better.

The first picture below is one I snagged from another member's post a while ago. (I'm sorry, I didn't make note of the poster's name in order to credit them properly). It's an overhead view of the island, labeled with the various areas. At the top left is the docking area for the tender boats. Below the dock is the main beach area. From there, walking along the beach to the right, you'll come upon, respectively: the buffet area, the large cabana area, the small cabana area, several separate beach areas, and finally the lagoon.

16272732748_b548010a70_c.jpg

The second picture below is a closer overhead view, showing the main beach in the foreground. On the right side where you see the blue chairs, you can barely see the large cabanas (there are 10 of them in a row) at the top of the beach. The cabanas are elevated above the beach area; there are stairs leading from the beach to the cabanas. Not shown in this photo are the small cabana area, which would be further along to the right of the large cabanas, and then the lagoon is beyond that. I think it took me about 15 minutes to walk from the Hippo Slide (at the far left) to the lagoon. Not a difficult walk, for me anyway. I think the distance only looks farther than it really is.

16458689241_b8f5338fca_c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I do remember seeing an older thread where someone else posted that their small cabana cost was $199. Maybe this was a special promotion or just an older quoted price. Or maybe $199 is a discounted cost during non-peak sailing dates (on the "smaller" ships). I paid $249 for a small cabana in late December aboard the Sky.

$199 was the price on our recent 3 night non-peak (January 23) Sky cruise.

• 1 month later...
$199 was the price on our recent 3 night non-peak (January 23) Sky cruise.

I booked a small Cabana for my Oct 19, 2015 cruise on the Sky. It was $199. DH and I decided to book it after reading all the posts and seeing the pictures. We can't wait to go! His first cruise and my second. :)