Restaurant Recommendation

donald123

Hi everyone! We will be staying for two nights in Miami before the cruise. We are looking for a not very expensive steakhouse with great steaks. Does someone has a suggestion?

Yes, it would help to know where you are staying. You are talking about an area of almost 6 million people.

Also, great steaks and not very expensive is kind of an oxymoron.

I personally think Outback Steakhouse has the best steaks for value.

Miami is an expensive city.

concur

good steak costs and Miami is big

Shula's is of course a local favorite

you might want to consider a Brazilian or Argentine Steakhouse

if staying downtown consider http://www.thekniferestaurant.com/ (but a bit $)

Los Ranchos steakhouse in Bayside is the Nicaragua version, recommended is the Churrasco, typically a grilled skirt steak

Actually most any Cuban place in town is probably gonna have Churrasco on the dinner menu and it is one of my favorite dinners in Miami

usually served with chimichurri sauce

Oh I forgot, we will be staying in Downtown.

And I know that is expensive, I am okay with that but I mean some restaurants are super luxurious expensive.

Thanks! I will keep in mind Outback Steakhouse :)

I think Capt BJ's idea of a Brazilian or Argentinian steakhouse is a fantastic idea!

They usually have fantastic salad bars then come around slicing all you can eat meat and are excellent. Pork, beef, chicken, turkey, lamb etc.

Not cheap but worth it.

I wish Carolyn would chime in. She lives downtown and could tell you exactly. BTW Carolyn if you are reading this have you tried Centro Taco yet?

I think Capt BJ's idea of a Brazilian or Argentinian steakhouse is a fantastic idea!

They usually have fantastic salad bars then come around slicing all you can eat meat and are excellent. Pork, beef, chicken, turkey, lamb etc.

Not cheap but worth it.

I wish Carolyn would chime in. She lives downtown and could tell you exactly. BTW Carolyn if you are reading this have you tried Centro Taco yet?

I keep forgetting to try Centro Taco. I have heard great things about it though! I was just in that area yesterday with a bunch of friends too as my girlfriend lives a block away.

Back to the steaks. We have a lot of great steak places in the downtown and Brickell area, but most are pricey. PM Fish & Steakhouse, Capital Grille, Wolfgangs, Edge Steakhouse, Graziano's, love them all. The one I don't like is the Morton's here. I have never had a good meal here.

There isn't an Outback in the downtown area because that would have been a good one for you. The closest one is in Doral out past the airport.

I've heard a few people go to Steak Brasil Churrascaria but I have never eaten though so I can't personally recommend it.

If you are coming by the end of September, we do have the Miami Spice going on and there are just so many restaurants that are fabulous on it. It's a great deal.

I wish I could tell you where to get to go for a not very expensive steakhouse with great steaks in the area, but in the downtown area that's a tough order.

• 2 weeks later...