Ft Lauderdale Margaritaville

philv

Margaritaville resort beach hotel on Hollywood beach will be opening July of 2015. We are staying at Hollywood beach Marriott pre-cruise in March 2015. Hollywood beach is such a cool place to experience pre- or post cruise. We really enjoy the Margaritaville on Grand Turk and can't wait to check it out in FL. I've been trying to find room rates for new Margaritaville but can't find anything on internet yet. Marriott's pricey and I would expect Margaritaville to be same. Anybody come across it somewhere? :)

Edited by philv

It has just recently started construction so I highly doubt that the rates will be posted anytime soon.

Although the city is more than excited about the additional tax revenue Margaritaville will bring, many of us locals are none too thrilled. The Mom and Pop, family friendly vibe of the beach - the very thing that everyone so loves about Hollywood Beach - is in grave danger of disappearing. :( Sorry to hijack your post - but I guess I needed a little rant today...

It has just recently started construction so I highly doubt that the rates will be posted anytime soon.

Although the city is more than excited about the additional tax revenue Margaritaville will bring, many of us locals are none too thrilled. The Mom and Pop, family friendly vibe of the beach - the very thing that everyone so loves about Hollywood Beach - is in grave danger of disappearing. :( Sorry to hijack your post - but I guess I needed a little rant today...

I've read about the mixed feelings and understand it. I'm in Colorado and many mountain communities feel the same. My observation though is that the new can help preserve the old and maybe isn't as much a conflict down the road. I'm thinking of the sore state of the Oceanwalk mall along the Broadwalk that could certainly use some neighborhood re-development activity. Hopefully the new can re-invigorate the old and really enhance this beautiful area.

I saw that but they don't have anything about room rates or reservations. Seems odd as I would think there would be lots of grand opening booking.

According to their web site, it opens in 404 days.

Plenty of time to decide on rates and install a computer system so they can take bookings...

Although the city is more than excited about the additional tax revenue Margaritaville will bring, many of us locals are none too thrilled.

When I was a kid, there was nothing at the beach in hollywood.

There wasn't much of anything east of the traffic circle on

hollywood blvd.

You could park at the beach for free, and there was lots of shade

from big austrailian pines.

Then, they ruined it by building things.

Does anyone know WHERE on the boardwalk this will be positioned? DId they take down somethings or is it on the "end" where the park is?

It's just south of the band shell, made infamous so many years ago by Kathleen Turner in Body Heat....they took away the huge parking lot that was only just recently built and the multi story parking garage just west of it. Parking is a b**** there now.

When I was a kid, there was nothing at the beach in hollywood.

There wasn't much of anything east of the traffic circle on

hollywood blvd.

You could park at the beach for free, and there was lots of shade

from big austrailian pines.

Then, they ruined it by building things.

The only things west of SR7/441 were cows grazing in fields and Fort Lauderdale airport consisted of one dinky third world type terminal! Those were the days! :D Edited by hllwdcruiser

I've read about the mixed feelings and understand it. I'm in Colorado and many mountain communities feel the same. My observation though is that the new can help preserve the old and maybe isn't as much a conflict down the road. I'm thinking of the sore state of the Oceanwalk mall along the Broadwalk that could certainly use some neighborhood re-development activity. Hopefully the new can re-invigorate the old and really enhance this beautiful area.

I agree with you on Oceanwalk - it was a failure right from the start - mainly because people don't go to the beach to shop. It looks like it is barely scraping by as a time share - much could be done with that prime location. Pity Margaritaville didn't go there instead of smack dab in the middle of the broadwalk. Since they are building on City Property I am sure all the gov't incentives had something to do with their choice of location.

The only things west of SR7/441 were cows grazing in fields and Fort Lauderdale airport consisted of one dinky third world type terminal! Those were the days! :D

I loved PBI when the luggage carosel was outside, under an awning.

I agree with you on Oceanwalk - it was a failure right from the start - mainly because people don't go to the beach to shop. It looks like it is barely scraping by as a time share - much could be done with that prime location. Pity Margaritaville didn't go there instead of smack dab in the middle of the broadwalk. Since they are building on City Property I am sure all the gov't incentives had something to do with their choice of location.

I so agree with this. Hollywood Beach, unfortunately is blighted now but I think the city has done a good job with removing some of those buildings.

I can't figure out how that big, empty Ramada hasn't had any luck.

Hopefully this Margaritaville Resort will help gentrify the area.

It's just south of the band shell, made infamous so many years ago by Kathleen Turner in Body Heat....they took away the huge parking lot that was only just recently built and the multi story parking garage just west of it. Parking is a b**** there now.

:D

WOW That is right in the middle of the walk. Wouldn't have expected that. Sure IS adding to the change the whole atmosphere.

Theres a new bar where Oceans 11 was.

Its in line with the rest of the broadwalk's style, Oceans 13.

Just tackey enough.

Really? The last place closed down with little fanfare - but I think they were trying to be something a little too fancy for those of us who remember Oceans 11 . We'll have to check it out!

Are you with the fire dept? DH just retired from the Police Dept in Sunrise after 28 years....