Just back from Grand Princess cruise tour

mimmy52

Got back yesterday and will do a review after I download photos and clean house. My friend and I were on the 7 day Glacier cruise northbound, then land tour called Off the Beaten Path with stops at Princess lodges at McKinley, Denali, Fairbanks, and Copper River, ending in Anchorage. I'll be glad to answer questions in the meantime.

DH and myself are heading to Alaska in 2 weeks and would like to know what women and men were wearing in MDR on non formal nights. So confused on all the posting as they seem to concentrate mostly on formal nights. Any info would be helpful and glad you had a great trip.

It also depends on which cruise line you are sailing on. I have found that on HAL and Celebrity cruise casual is usually something like khakis, a knit shirt with a collar and shoes like loafers or dockers. For women it is usually slacks and a knit shirt or blouse. However some of the other cruiselines are more casual within people wearing jeans, etc.

Got back yesterday and will do a review after I download photos and clean house. My friend and I were on the 7 day Glacier cruise northbound, then land tour called Off the Beaten Path with stops at Princess lodges at McKinley, Denali, Fairbanks, and Copper River, ending in Anchorage. I'll be glad to answer questions in the meantime.

Look forward to hearing your review, we are considering doing a cruise tour next year and trying to work out whether to do this one Rocky Mountains or do our own land tour Denali or Rocky Mountains. How many land days did you do and was a train trip good e.g. scenic??

To mimmy52

Thanks for the quick response on non formal night dress. It helps clear up my confusion. Just trying to narrow down what to take to AK. This trip is not as easy as going to the Caribbean. One has to plan to pack for 3 seasons but keep it light.

Thanks again

Look forward to hearing your review, we are considering doing a cruise tour next year and trying to work out whether to do this one Rocky Mountains or do our own land tour Denali or Rocky Mountains. How many land days did you do and was a train trip good e.g. scenic??

Subaru94, our land tour was 7 days through Princess. We were only on a train from Whittier to McKinley Princess Lodge, but it was great, very scenic. The rest of the time we were on a motor coach and some of the drives were just trees on both sides of the highway. It wasn't possible for us to DIY, but that would have been preferable since you can set your own times and the length of your stays.

Hey Subaru, why wait til next yr:rolleyes:, go now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Subaru, why wait til next yr:rolleyes:, go now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because we are from Australia so costing and time is important No. 1 is budget as we are considering just to do Alaska and not Rocky Mountains and time as husband can only have couple of weeks off :)