Radiance Sydney to Perth 20.10.14

Hi all

There's a few CC members on board so perhaps we can share our experiences with any interested followers.

I'm presently on a shuttle bus from Brisbane city back to the grain terminal on Fishermans Island where we berthed.

I'll add news later especially about the Chef's Table dining experience that we got a special price for tonight.

Hopefully others will add their experiences & photos!

Gae

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My parents are currently on the Radiance.

My friends parents were due to fly to Sydney from Brisbane on Monday but her mother was in hospital. They got clearance from the doctor yesterday and a boarding in Brisbane today.

Hopefully they won't have any problems.

Edited by cruisine21

My parents are currently on the Radiance.

My friends parents were due to fly to Sydney from Brisbane on Monday but her mother was in hospital. They got clearance from the doctor yesterday and a boarding in Brisbane today.

Hopefully they won't have any problems.

There were quite a few boarding here in Brisbane today! Hopefully your friend's parents were amongst them!

Bali Visas - for what it's worth I'm wondering if it would work better if all passengers purchased their Visas prior to the cruise then immigration could refuse boarding to any then didn't have it in the passport on boarding day.

They certainly have to improve the fiasco that they put everyone through on boarding day. We took 2 hours to board from 2.30 to 4.30.

Others arrived at 11.30 & took 4 hours to be processed so they were telling us at the Meet & Greet gathering!

Talking about the Meet & Greet, this was the best organised one I've attended. The staff member in charge did a great job!

It was especially interesting to hear from all who attended. The only improvement I would suggest is that they provide some means of attaching your name tags to your shirt or top so that we can identify those we've been chatting online with.

I didn't catch up with Megsie who is doing this cruise for the 3rd time, though she was sitting close by. Pity, still she was busy talking with an American couple as I too was being asked questions by others knowing that I'd done this trip last year.

Just resting now with an ice-pack on my swollen knee. Can't let the matter of a bunged knee stop me in my tracks!

Gae

Hi Gae.

Please drop some names. Captain, CD, cruise staff, LA, Trish & Belinda?

Who ran the M&M?

I was there with you last year, going for Christmas this year.:D

Have a great cruise.

Cheers

Seija

Edited by Aussie FF

Sorry we didn't catch up Gae, hope your knee is ok. Also met and had a nice chat with Boeckli - Ursula. Thought the Meet and Mingle went well and the best we've attended, great idea to hand the microphone around.

We were lucky to have been asked to have dinner with Captain Goran Pederson last night, charming family man from Sweden. Last year he alternated with Capt. Sindre who has recently retired from RCI.

Enjoyed very much the Beatnix show last night and the City of Dreams production show this evening, both having full houses.

The Grand Suite has not disappointed and JJ in the Concierge Lounge is a gem.

We were so looking forward to the suite as a one off, at such a bargain price, cheaper than a balcony when we booked. Ursula is in our favourite hump balcony cabin.

Some of the crew are still onboard from the last two or three cruises. Rohan is still greeting at the Windjammer with his hats!

CD Mike and sidekick Gordon are doing well but I believe Amy is is supposed to return in Nov. Must admit we always enjoyed Bobby Brown as CD.

We are trying Anytime Dining for the first time and it seems to be working well for us - fast and efficient service, hot meals and as usual too much food. It is a very friendly cruise, both crew and passengers - probably why we have cruised this itinerary three times!

Edited by megsie

Hello again!

We are just sailing past the Whitsundays, expecting to moor off Airlie Beach at 7.00 for first tenders in from 7.30.

Lots to report from both our day in Brisbane & our evening at Royals top dining experience - Chefs Table!

Once I fire up my laptop, transfer photos to Photobucket then remember how to add pictures to my posts, I'll be back.

In the meantime we have the day in Airlie Beach to look forward to.

Gae

Hello again!

We are just sailing past the Whitsundays, expecting to moor off Airlie Beach at 7.00 for first tenders in from 7.30.

Lots to report from both our day in Brisbane & our evening at Royals top dining experience - Chefs Table!

Once I fire up my laptop, transfer photos to Photobucket then remember how to add pictures to my posts, I'll be back.

In the meantime we have the day in Airlie Beach to look forward to.

Gae

Have a great day. We look forward to the photos.:D

Cairns is just now off in the distance so we are making good time. We have the Reef Pilot guiding us through the GBReef & giving us some commentary along the way.

I've just changed phone providers from Telstra to Optus as they were offering half price plans with double the data but..... the coverage is no where as good so you get what you pay for I guess!

Yesterday morning I was able to download emails etc no problem but later in the day, even though 4 bars were showing I could not connect to the internet using my mobile as a hotspot so all those photos I promised you will just have to wait.

Smooth seas & warm clear days so perfect weather for sailing!

Next report from Darwin in a couple of days.

Cairns is just now off in the distance so we are making good time. We have the Reef Pilot guiding us through the GBReef & giving us some commentary along the way.

I've just changed phone providers from Telstra to Optus as they were offering half price plans with double the data but..... the coverage is no where as good so you get what you pay for I guess!

Yesterday morning I was able to download emails etc no problem but later in the day, even though 4 bars were showing I could not connect to the internet using my mobile as a hotspot so all those photos I promised you will just have to wait.

Smooth seas & warm clear days so perfect weather for sailing!

Next report from Darwin in a couple of days.

Never mind, enjoy yourself.:D

Just a few words as Gae may be out of signal. We have been cruising so close to the coast along the Mt Tribulation National Park that you can see the mangroves, rainforest vegetation and small resorts/homes. Now cruising past Cooktown and can see the sand dunes and some bush fires in the distance. Yesterday we went Ocean Rafting, great day. Would not recommend if you have back or mobility problems though. Snorkelling and swimming on outer Hook Is and Bali-hi Is. On Hook Is where we stopped the small ? beach had very large pieces of coral underfoot, it was easier to stay in the water! Bali-hi was sandy and had toilets. The young lady driving took the boat up near top speed coming back and did 360's and figure 8's - a bit of a thrill for us oldies (and for the youngens). Ipad has signal but not so good for the phone.

Edited by megsie

Just a few words as Gae may be out of signal. We have been cruising so close to the coast along the Mt Tribulation National Park that you can see the mangroves, rainforest vegetation and small resorts/homes. Now cruising past Cooktown and can see the sand dunes and some bush fires in the distance. Yesterday we went Ocean Rafting, great day. Would not recommend if you have back or mobility problems though. Snorkelling and swimming on outer Hook Is and Bali-hi Is. On Hook Is where we stopped the small ? beach had very large pieces of coral underfoot, it was easier to stay in the water! Bali-hi was sandy and had toilets. The young lady driving took the boat up near top speed coming back and did 360's and figure 8's - a bit of a thrill for us oldies (and for the youngens). Ipad has signal but not so good for the phone.

Thanks for filling us in, sounds like you had a great day Ocean rafting.:D

Just passing Thursday Island so we have a great signal!

The weather is now heating up & the horizon is hazy.

Great that Megsie is keeping you informed as well.

I will give details of each of our port days once I have the photos organised to show you.

Gae

Just passing Thursday Island so we have a great signal!

The weather is now heating up & the horizon is hazy.

Great that Megsie is keeping you informed as well.

I will give details of each of our port days once I have the photos organised to show you.

Gae

Good to hear you have a good signal again, looking forward to the photos and the port details of course. Hope you continue with smooth sailing and nice weather.:D

Managed to watch the sunrise this morning on our way into Darwin. We still have about an hour & a half before we dock.

Many overseas visitors are heading off to Litchfield Park today or other places many hours from Darwin! Luckily we don't leave again until 10.00 this evening.

As we've done road trips up to Darwin a couple of times previously we are planning to take the Hop on Hop off bus and perhaps do a little shopping.

I will take plenty of photos but need time on my laptop to transfer them here to this thread.

Will report back later.

Gae

Managed to watch the sunrise this morning on our way into Darwin. We still have about an hour & a half before we dock.

Many overseas visitors are heading off to Litchfield Park today or other places many hours from Darwin! Luckily we don't leave again until 10.00 this evening.

As we've done road trips up to Darwin a couple of times previously we are planning to take the Hop on Hop off bus and perhaps do a little shopping.

I will take plenty of photos but need time on my laptop to transfer them here to this thread.

Will report back later.

Gae

have a nice day in Darwin.

P.S. don't buy too much, you need to keep the money for more cruises.:p