VIFP Chwck-in @ Miami

sobercruisers

Generally they will not allow it but we did ask once as our aunt was sailing solo. They allowed her priority boarding and to wait in the platinum lounge with us. If she had a cabin mate, it might have been a different story.

Why do people keep wanting non qualified people to board early? If every one brings someone with them, there would no longer be special boarding perks.. People forget that S&S cards are in 2 different areas. Have your friends get there early, as you will, so they can get a low number.

We are VIFP and are cruising with a couple who are not... Our bookings are linked and we would all like to board early. Can they board with us?

Everyone who sails with Carnival is VIFP, so unless you are Platinum, Diamond, FTTF, booked in a suite, or a member of a wedding party, you won't have early boarding privileges.

If you do have early boarding and your friends do not, you can always board with them in their zone so you can be together.

To the OP, "VIFP" means about as much as saying "I'm wearing blue socks today." You're best bet is, as others have already mentioned, to get the same boarding zone numbers. Then you can all board together.

Their S&S cards will still be in different areas slowing the check in process for others while the agent runs from station to station getting the cards so your friends can board with you. Face it, no one will get lost if you each go through your designated lines.

We are VIFP and are cruising with a couple who are not... Our bookings are linked and we would all like to board early. Can they board with us?

If your definition of VIFP means Platinum, Diamond or Suite then YES you can board with them PROVIDED you are willing to wait for them..

Oh, did you mean can they board early with you? NO ... They don't qualify for early boarding and they will also have their Sign n Sail cards in the Main Terminal, not in the VIFP Room...

We are a cruising family of 18 who are Diamond/Platinum and VIFP (although some are neither Diamond or Platinum)... We get to the Port early enough that those who do not qualify usually get Zone 1 or 2. After we all check in we then wait together in the Main Terminal and wait for their Zone to be announced before boarding together...

We are allowed to go to our cabins immediately and do so after boarding to drop off any and all carry-ons but we wait because we like to take a Family Picture together when boarding...

So, you can either plan to meet your friends up on the Lido Deck or wait with them to board...

Also, just a bit curious as this is your 1st time posting on Cruise Critic... when you say your are VIFP, what exactly do you mean ?

Edited by Elaine515

If you do have early boarding and your friends do not, you can always board with them in their zone so you can be together.

Bingo! As nice as it would be for all of us to bring our whole group with us through FTTF/Priority boarding, it does slow it down for those who have actually either paid for it or earned it. As mentioned above, you can absolutely board together, in general boarding. No harm in asking when you arrive, but I'd set your expectations appropriately.

This is up there with my other pet peeve: a family of 8 trying to all go through special assistance with one person with a cane...no one needs that much assistance. And this is coming from someone who routinely travels with a senior who needs assistance.

Why do people keep wanting non qualified people to board early? If every one brings someone with them, there would no longer be special boarding perks.. People forget that S&S cards are in 2 different areas. Have your friends get there early, as you will, so they can get a low number.

Before my mother was Platinum and she was sailing with me (in a separate cabin) her card was always with mine in the VIP checkin area. The cruises were linked and used the same CC for the S&S account

Before my mother was Platinum and she was sailing with me (in a separate cabin) her card was always with mine in the VIP checkin area. The cruises were linked and used the same CC for the S&S account

Time was if you linked the accounts with the same CC and one of you was Platinum or higher ( before FTTF) then you could all board together...This rapidly got out of hand and everyone was doing it and then going to Guest Services and switching CC's...Carnival put a stop to that and no longer let's a linked CC be the determining factor..

I don't dispute special circumstance. My references are to the multiple threads here wanting to bring "friends" with them, speeding them through with their earned perk.

I don't dispute special circumstance. My references are to the multiple threads here wanting to bring "friends" with them, speeding them through with their earned perk.

I never asked for anything special, her card was just there. That was a while back... Things may be different now.

I never asked for anything special, her card was just there. That was a while back... Things may be different now.

I don't dispute that! If your bookings are linked AND on the same credit card for Sail & Sign, then you're a-okay! I'm just not putting all my friends on my Amex just so they can board early :p lol