Choosing a room for a view

NatalieWood

We are going to book a balcony on NCL for the 12 day Med cruise leaving from Venice and stopping in Greece, Turkey, France and ending in Spain. I'm wondering which side of the ship will have more port views? We'd like to get some use out of our balcony and enjoy the view going in or out.

If I should post this elsewhere, let me know!

Thanks, Stacey

We are going to book a balcony on NCL for the 12 day Med cruise leaving from Venice and stopping in Greece, Turkey, France and ending in Spain. I'm wondering which side of the ship will have more port views? We'd like to get some use out of our balcony and enjoy the view going in or out.

If I should post this elsewhere, let me know!

Thanks, Stacey

Which side for port views isn't easly answered . A lot depends on the captain and demands from training requirements and maintenance.

Most of the time when you're cruising, you won't be within sight of land. Only when you are close to the port will you be close enough to see much.

Departing Venice, the best views will be on the port side of the ship. But you should definitely NOT plan to stay on your balcony or you will miss the views on both sides -- best place to be is to the front of the ship.

For the rest, it's impossible to give any specifics without knowing which ports.

I don't have a lot of cruises (only 7) but we have found that about half of the port stops have had us on the town side. It all depends on the berth the ship is assigned, and you have no real way of ever knowing that.

If you find yourself on the seaward side of the ship, go to an open deck and find a chair to sit and have a coffee or drink.

The only time I was really disappointed was when we had an aft cabin. Pulling into port, you couldn't see a darn thing from the balcony. The balcony was huge and we did use it at sea, but once in port it was useless for viewing.

Have a great cruise!

Most of the time when you're cruising, you won't be within sight of land. Only when you are close to the port will you be close enough to see much.

Departing Venice, the best views will be on the port side of the ship. But you should definitely NOT plan to stay on your balcony or you will miss the views on both sides -- best place to be is to the front of the ship.

For the rest, it's impossible to give any specifics without knowing which ports.

I have been on several Med cruises and this is very true. Most of the time you will not be in view of land and when you are the best views (especially Venice) will be on deck.

The only time I was really disappointed was when we had an aft cabin. Pulling into port, you couldn't see a darn thing from the balcony. The balcony was huge and we did use it at sea, but once in port it was useless for viewing.

Have a great cruise!

We always cruise in aft cabis.

As mentioned, you never know which side will be against the dock, however, we have experienced times when the ship will spin around and move towards the dock or port aft first, giving those cabins the best view possible.

You just never know!