JAL First Class JFK-NRT seat/bed arrangements?

GeezerCouple

We have a huge number of miles/points saved up, and we've just managed to get JAL First Class flat beds from JFK to NRT.

It's a 1-2-1 across, with 2 rows in First.

Does anyone know whether the two middle seats have a partition that can be lowered nicely so we could easily see each other or talk quietly?

If that's not possible, we'd rather have one middle and one window, so we wouldn't need to stand up to see if the other is awake, or walk around,

I know that configurations/equipment can change, but for starters, what is the current or most-common setup for those two middle seat/beds?

[And yes, this is just about the best "value" for those points, although there isn't a chance in the world we would have paid cash at those prices! :) ]

Many thanks.

We have a huge number of miles/points saved up, and we've just managed to get JAL First Class flat beds from JFK to NRT.

It's a 1-2-1 across, with 2 rows in First.

Does anyone know whether the two middle seats have a partition that can be lowered nicely so we could easily see each other or talk quietly?

If that's not possible, we'd rather have one middle and one window, so we wouldn't need to stand up to see if the other is awake, or walk around,

I know that configurations/equipment can change, but for starters, what is the current or most-common setup for those two middle seat/beds?

[And yes, this is just about the best "value" for those points, although there isn't a chance in the world we would have paid cash at those prices! :) ]

Many thanks.

Look in seatGuru.com

I've not flown JAL, but three thoughts.

1) Are there any photos on the JAL website that show the cabin?

2) Try looking at airliners.net for cabin photos of your particular aircraft/

3) Google JAL "first class" cabin and see what images come up.

Then use your eyeballs to evaluate.

As for seeing them in the cabin -- trust me, you'd know it if they decided to go outside. Best to just enjoy the comfort of the bed and whatever inflight service you use. Mrs FT and I don't find a need to communicate or "be together" on flights - there will be plenty of that once you are on the ground.

Just my thoughts.

Here ya go...

Up -

Japan-Airlines-First-Class-01.jpg

Down...

japan-airlines-first-class-3355.jpg

Bingo, perfect photos.

Many thanks!

This will be quite a way to start our trip!

(We had to get different routing back with awards, but we've got several months yet, so we'll keep checking if something opens up on this route/aircraft back.)

Thanks again.