Unlimited laundry, and pressing

VennDiagram

I know that if I send items out to be washed, they come back pressed. With the Unlimited Laundry package, if I need something ONLY pressed, is that included in the laundry package? Or will there be a charge for Pressing Only? And if there is a charge for pressing only, is there an Unlimited Pressing package available?

Thanks in advance for any help with this "pressing" problem ;) (Sorry -- I just couldn't resist!)

I know that if I send items out to be washed, they come back pressed. With the Unlimited Laundry package, if I need something ONLY pressed, is that included in the laundry package? Or will there be a charge for Pressing Only? And if there is a charge for pressing only, is there an Unlimited Pressing package available?

Thanks in advance for any help with this "pressing" problem ;) (Sorry -- I just couldn't resist!)

Since this problem is so pressing (I couldn't resist either ;) )

I believe pressing is included. At least according to the 4* mariner benefits.

copy and pasted from the HAL site. (red highlight is mine)

4-Star Mariner

Collect 200 or more Cruise Day credits and become a 4-Star Mariner, which entitles you to the following benefits:

0375-29.jpg

• A 50% discount on specialty restaurant surcharges and specialty coffees in all dining venues*, wine packages*, beverages in the Explorations Café* and all mini-bar purchases
  • Mariner Welcome Reception
  • A complimentary photo of the ship
  • Mariner Embarkation Lunch
  • A special collectible gift presented to you on board
  • Mariner Sparkling Wine Brunch
  • Complimentary laundry and pressing services*
  • Priority disembarkation*
  • Priority tender*
  • Priority check-in*
  • A complimentary wine tasting session
  • A 15% discount on select Holland America Line logo clothing sold in onboard shops (may exclude already discounted merchandise)
  • A 15% discount on merchandise from shophollandamerica.com
  • Discounts on select spa treatments from the Greenhouse Spa & Salon
  • A special recognition lapel pin
  • A complimentary one-year subscription to Travel + Leisure or Food & Wine magazine (one per household)
  • A free subscription to the print or digital** version of Mariner® magazine
  • An annual cruise planner
  • Advance notice of new itineraries**
  • Special offers on select sailings
  • Complimentary cruise fare on 3rd/4th guest in your stateroom on select sailings

Unlimited laundry and unlimited pressing package were available for purchase on my last HAL cruises. It was my understanding that pressing only was not available with just the unlimited laundry package.

Edited: Mrs. Whogo, she of the better memory, has an opposing opinion. She thinks that pressing only is available with the purchase of the unlimited laundry package. If she is wrong, don't tell me. I don't want to slip up and contradict her, it's not worth it.

Edited by whogo

You have to be careful and send the pressing out on its own. We never had a problem with press only. It's less work than laundry + pressing.

I have often sent them both together without any problem. The form allows for different items to be treated differently. I will send a few t-shirts and underwear to be laundered in the same bag as a pair of pants for pressing only.

You have to be careful and send the pressing out on its own. We never had a problem with press only. It's less work than laundry + pressing.

If you send your pressing out as a separate item, it makes life easier for everyone and prevents any misunderstandings. Have heard horror stories about combining wash and iron-only - one was washing the silk dress sent for pressing only.

If she is wrong, don't tell me. I don't want to slip up and contradict her, it's not worth it.

Thanks for that laugh :D No problem -- I will most likely have forgotten I started this thread by the time I know for certain which of you is correct :D

Thanks, everyone, for your replies and advice!