Anywhere to grab a snack at the port?

canadarocks

We've got 2 excursions booked in Dominica, one that finishes at 12:30pm and a 2nd that starts at 1:30pm. Both are ship's tours and both leave directly from the pier, so I'm not concerned about missing the 2nd. But I know re-boarding to grab a quick lunch isn't a good plan. They're both water based tours, so I don't really want to bring anything with me off the ship.

Is there anywhere at the Dominica cruise port to grab a quick sandwich or snack? Any particular place or local food that you would recommend? :)

We've got 2 excursions booked in Dominica, one that finishes at 12:30pm and a 2nd that starts at 1:30pm. Both are ship's tours and both leave directly from the pier, so I'm not concerned about missing the 2nd. But I know re-boarding to grab a quick lunch isn't a good plan. They're both water based tours, so I don't really want to bring anything with me off the ship.

Is there anywhere at the Dominica cruise port to grab a quick sandwich or snack? Any particular place or local food that you would recommend? :)

Are you sure you can book 2 excursions from ship ? 90% you will miss second one will you get your money back ?

Are you sure you can book 2 excursions from ship ? 90% you will miss second one will you get your money back ?

Pretty sure Princess wouldn't let me book the two of them if we couldn't make the 2nd, and I have. So..... anyone know if there's somewhere to grab a snack at the port in Dominica? :)

• 4 weeks later...
Pretty sure Princess wouldn't let me book the two of them if we couldn't make the 2nd, and I have. So..... anyone know if there's somewhere to grab a snack at the port in Dominica? :)

I think it depends on which dock you are at. If you are at the one in downtown then I would say, yes, there is somewhere to grab a quick snack. I don't know names of any places but we did eat lunch there several years back. We ate a "snack type" place...but keep in mind...even "snack place" is going to be on "island time".

If you are at the dock outside of town (I think it is a mile or so outside of town) it is basically an industrial area. I don't recall there being anything nearby there to grab a snack. My memory could be wrong...or things could have changed...as it has been a few years since we were there. Maybe take some prepacked snacks from home just in case. (nuts, or peanut butter/cheese crackers, etc) (something that won't melt during the first excursion)

You're right! Princess will not allow two excursions without having enough time between to do both.

Still, you only have an hour (actually probably 50 minutes) until the meeting time for the 2nd.

Not so sure, even when docked in town, that you would have time for a snack. Probably best to take some "packaged by the manufacturer" things just in case.

If you happen to be docked in town where the ship really is so very close, you might be better off going back to the ship and directly to the International Café since it would be quick and easy. ;)

LuLu

Since you are now only doing one in the morning, the Ft. Young Hotel is right at the town port so might be an option if you don't want to have lunch on the ship. It actually was an old fort and is interesting. :)

Which excursion are you taking in the morning?

LuLu

Since you are now only doing one in the morning, the Ft. Young Hotel is right at the town port so might be an option if you don't want to have lunch on the ship. It actually was an old fort and is interesting. :)

LuLu

We were in Dominica one

Month ago. Did dock in town. DH wanted a cup a coffee and some local cuisine after our morning tour. Couldn't find anything!! Be prepared the area around the dock leaves a lot to be desired. Glad we saw the island. We won't hurry back.

W

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

LuLu

DH is a huge whale fan and has never seen a sperm whale. So we'll be in a Zodiac looking for them! Fingers crossed.

I'll have a look for the Fort Young hotel, thanks. :)

While we did not do the Whale thing in Dominica, I almost feel that I did. :D Everyone kept making me look at the pictures of whales they took on the excursion. There was a mother with a baby which everyone had to show me in addition to the sperm whales shooting water into the air.

Hope yours will be as good as theirs was. :)

Note: Wear sunscreen. So many came back with sunburns. Seems it so happened the whales were best seen on theirs from the sunny side. Might not always be the case but best to be sun protected if it is.

LuLu