Good eats in Cozemel

Annasreadytocruise

We will be cruising to Cozemel in a little under 2 weeks. We have been to Cozemel several times and plan to spend most of our day on the ship. Don't get me wrong, we love Cozemel but want to save some money since we will be cruising again in October. Does anyone have recommendations of a good local restaurant to eat lunch at?

If you don't want to head to downtown via a taxi, there's the satellite of Panchos Backyard right at the cruiseport at Puerta Maya where the Sunshine docks. Same food as the main place downtown.

Otherwise, you need to grab a taxi to downtown and once att eh plaza, look for La Mission, Casa Denis, Las Flamitas, or maybe Sonora Grill. But there are plenty of other places around there if you just walk around, follow your nose and take a look at the menu before sitting down.

That menu makes my mouth water! Can anyone give directions from the International Pier?

If you're talking about the one at Puerta Maya, just turn right out of the International pier and walk down 2 blocks, go into the shopping area and turn right into the Los Cinco Soles open kiosks, Panchos is to you left there.

If you want the one down town, just grab a taxi and tell them you want to go to Los Conco Soles/ Pancho's Backyard. It's on the main drag, Rafael Melgar and Calle Ocho about 5-6 blocks north of the plaza.

In the mean time check google their website for a coupon or two.

Why if in Mexico anyone would want tot eat the Norte Americano version of Mexican street food at 3 Amigos when the real stuff is a short walk or a short taxi ride away is beyond me.:confused:

• 7 months later...

Does anyone know the address of Three Amigos in Cozumel? Do they have free WiFi if you buy something?

We are getting off the pier for Princess. I am pretty sure I go left and it is a few blocks on the left. I can not find this location on Google. Found it on trip adviser.

Is the best restaurant that is an easy walk from the pier?

Thanks,

Joe

Does anyone know the address of Three Amigos in Cozumel? Do they have free WiFi if you buy something?

We are getting off the pier for Princess. I am pretty sure I go left and it is a few blocks on the left. I can not find this location on Google. Found it on trip adviser.

Is the best restaurant that is an easy walk from the pier?

Thanks,

Joe

http://www.puertamaya.com/userfiles/images/PuertaMayamapbig.jpg

Is Three Amigos more of a bar and Panchos more of a restaurant? I am looking for a relaxing family place, not a rowdy bar. Want to have a good authentic meal in a quiet relaxing place where I am close to the water.

Thanks,

Joe

Is Three Amigos more of a bar and Panchos more of a restaurant? I am looking for a relaxing family place, not a rowdy bar. Want to have a good authentic meal in a quiet relaxing place where I am close to the water.

Thanks,

Joe

Panchos is the very best choice for what you want! :)

LuLu