Norwegian dawn- inside cabin deck 4 or 12?

smokey11

Hello we are looking to sail the Dawn on January 17 th out of New Orleans. There will be 2 adults and 2 children. We want to book an inside cabin. The least expensive is deck 4. Is is worth the extra $ to be on deck 12? Will we feel the motion more on deck 12? Thanks your any input.

:)

I would take deck 12. We had a cabin on deck 4 once and it was really noisy including in the middle of the night. We were above the laundry facility and it woke us up several times each night and made DH very cranky!! We now only book cabins that are located above and below other cabins or quiet areas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like I will be in a minority of 1!!

I would take Deck 4. The last cruises we have taken have been Inside on 4 or 5. We have not found then to be at all noisy and have been very stable, no appreciable movement at all.

Also close to decks 6 & 7 where a lot of the action is!!

Mike

Hello we are looking to sail the Dawn on January 17 th out of New Orleans. There will be 2 adults and 2 children. We want to book an inside cabin. The least expensive is deck 4. Is is worth the extra $ to be on deck 12? Will we feel the motion more on deck 12? Thanks your any input.

Deck 12 is the way to go.Been on deck 12 twice on the Dawn and once on the Star.Go for the rooms that parallel the ship.They aren't bigger but they seem it.Refer to Demonyte's post.

Very very prone to see sickness = deck 4

Otherwise go for deck 12

I didn't check the port list but if you have a few tendering port, the gangway is on deck 4 and you might have a lot of traffic at your stateroom door if you are on deck 4.

Anyways I would sleep next to the engines room if it was possible so I could cruise more often....

Have fun !

We sailed on deck 4, oceanview a few years back. Very, very noisy. Go for deck 12.

I would choose deck 12. Super convenient to the pool and also the Garden Cafe. We've stayed on deck 12 in a family suite and the motion never bothered us. It's a nice, quiet little section of cabins with a few meeting rooms and the library mixed in with them. Great location if you ask me.

We had an inside on deck 12: 12521.

With lower beds pushed apart and births folded down from above, the room made up like two bunk beds with room to walk in between. Better than the trundle bed option in some inside rooms.

We had no problems with motion (but that could have been the weather).

Very convenient to the pool, and the kids club.

I don't know what the rooms on the 4th floor are like, so I can't compare.

just got back from a week on the Dawn. We were in 12016- the second to last family suite w/o a balcony- so we were pretty far forward (where the insides on 12 are- there are meeting rooms and the library behind them. Echoing others- I kept telling my wife how much I loved the location. Steps from the pool deck, on the other side of the deck- the buffet (great when the kids needed a quick snack). and the elevator takes you straight down to the Stardust. It was pretty windy on our trip and the seas were moderate to rough at times (the wind was worse than the waves) and it was a bit "swervey".