Shall we have a look at the dark side?

Grief! It looked big enough from the inside but when we got the shots at the end where it was berthed up against the Costa ship you could see just how huge it is! Give me small and friendly any day!

perhaps they should have called it " Faulty Towers ! " but each to their own . My daughter wont sail with anyone else but RCI and cant wait to try either of the two new monster ships , just way too big for us :D:D:D:D

As you can see we have booked Celebrtiry cruises this year, just because of the timings of Hubby hols. We get told when he can take his hols and unfortunately one of my colleagues, nicked the first week of his three week summer hols.

The ships looks wonderful but it is huge and that is what is really worrying me, the places we are going visit look lovely its just the size of the ship. I will let you know how I get on. Even the Lady Partner where I work looked at it on Lloyds and said its huge !:eek:

We are looking to change ships next summer with all the uncertainty over the Island Escape..looking for deals now. Even though we have booked 2 weeks for 2013 on the good ship IE. where we probably lose the deposit we can probably make up the difference on lower cost cruises. And this having being on the ISLAND ESCAPE 14 times :mad:

We are looking to change ships next summer with all the uncertainty over the Island Escape..looking for deals now. Even though we have booked 2 weeks for 2013 on the good ship IE. where we probably lose the deposit we can probably make up the difference on lower cost cruises. And this having being on the ISLAND ESCAPE 14 times :mad:

Dream 25th May RR ;) :D

Hi Jim..my only time off next summer is in July because of the nature of my work (nuclear) and outages, time is limited else I would have helped you drink the Dream dry :D also my wife doesn't like all the uncertainty coupled with Thomson's debacle over the last few years of having the island escape cancelled on us twice, one on her Birthday and one over Christmas last year.

I have to obey :p

As you can see we have booked Celebrtiry cruises this year, just because of the timings of Hubby hols. We get told when he can take his hols and unfortunately one of my colleagues, nicked the first week of his three week summer hols.

The ships looks wonderful but it is huge and that is what is really worrying me, the places we are going visit look lovely its just the size of the ship. I will let you know how I get on. Even the Lady Partner where I work looked at it on Lloyds and said its huge !:eek:

We went on the Eclipse which is the same size and TBH I don't think you get the sense of the "bigness" of it when you are on it, the same as you don't have the sense of being on a small ship, such as the Braemar, when you are on that, if that makes sense :eek:;) You can get out of the lift and find yourself going in the completely wrong direction on any size ship :rolleyes:

The Silhouette is the sister ship to the Eclipse and it really is a beautiful ship, but as I have said before, it is just not as friendly as a smaller ship, i.e. Thomsons or Fred.

I'm sure you will enjoy it. What itinerary are you doing?

Back to the OP, we saw Oasis in St Maarten and as we waved her off from the Dream, one and all said "Thank goodness we are not on that!" From the back she looked like a ghost ship, sailing off into the distance:eek::D

We went on the Eclipse which is the same size and TBH I don't think you get the sense of the "bigness" of it when you are on it, the same as you don't have the sense of being on a small ship, such as the Braemar, when you are on that, if that makes sense :eek:;) You can get out of the lift and find yourself going in the completely wrong direction on any size ship :rolleyes:

The Silhouette is the sister ship to the Eclipse and it really is a beautiful ship, but as I have said before, it is just not as friendly as a smaller ship, i.e. Thomsons or Fred.

I'm sure you will enjoy it. What itinerary are you doing?

We are doing the 12 night Adriatic Cruise :)

Hi Jim..my only time off next summer is in July because of the nature of my work (nuclear) and outages, time is limited else I would have helped you drink the Dream dry :D also my wife doesn't like all the uncertainty coupled with Thomson's debacle over the last few years of having the island escape cancelled on us twice, one on her Birthday and one over Christmas last year.

I have to obey :p

Ee up Jim up there and RR down that end :rolleyes:

so what about myself and Kalos . mrs Kalos and Mrs Deccaman?

because we are in Norhern England does not make us bad people

:D

Stevie ;)

Archived