Quality Rome Hotel suggestions, anywhere with Italian charm and style as a recommend?

rl787

Can anyone advise on somewhere stylish with good service in Rome that is reasonably close to the general tourist attractions. I would prefer to stay somewhere memorable even if it is expensive. Looking through the Rome Port of Call forum on here I have found Albergo del Sonato, Hotel Barocco and Villa Spalletti. I am not sure if these are where Seabourn passengers would recommend.

Has anyone got any suggestions that are a little special.

Can anyone advise on somewhere stylish with good service in Rome that is reasonably close to the general tourist attractions. I would prefer to stay somewhere memorable even if it is expensive. Looking through the Rome Port of Call forum on here I have found Albergo del Sonato, Hotel Barocco and Villa Spalletti. I am not sure if these are where Seabourn passengers would recommend.

Has anyone got any suggestions that are a little special.

I always stay at The Hassler or the Hotel De Russie

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Mr Luxury

We stayed in Hotel Eden, a small hotel, in 2012 and loved it as it had lots of Roman charm & elegance. The breakfast was in the restaurant at the top so we could look out over Rome as we started the day.

http://www.dorchestercollection.com/en/rome/hotel-eden

It was also within 5 - 10 minutes walk from the Spanish steps and Trevi Fountain. One of my fondest memories is going for a walk at 6.30 in the morning and walking around these sites with hardly anyone else around. I have a photo of my husband on the Spanish Steps with not another person in sight :).

We hope to stay there again and because of this I still get emails from them to see what they are doing and they still look good. The only sad thing is I keep wishing we could arrange a trip there sooner.

Edited by frantic36

Another vote for the Eden. I love the location --- convent but quiet.i much prefer staying in this part of Rome near the Spanish Steps, Via Veneto and Piazza de Popolo.Eden is elegant but not stuffy. From here it is about a 20 minute walk to the Coliseum / Forum and maybe the same distance via the bridge across the Tiber to the Vatican.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have also stayed at the Valadier (and have had clients stay there). It's nice, but I did not find it particularly memorable, and the rooms are tiny.

Our room was actually quite large. I think they are all a bit different in size and layout. I know decor varies greatly.

I haven't stayed at the Hassler but had dinner at Imago and thought the hotel looked very nice (although very expensive). Dinner was great with a wonderful sunset view of the city. It sits at the top of the Spanish Steps so it's very convenient to get to any site in Rome.

Thanks everyone for the above info, I will book one of them.

As a second request has anyone got any favourite restaurants in the area that serve traditional Italian Old Style food that are not too formal........places that should not be missed?

Thanks again

For truly memorable, the Rome Cavalieri.

While it does not meet your criteria for close to the main sights, it is only a short taxi ride down the hill.

And don't forget to book a table (months in advance) at La Pergola, the hotels' Michelin 3 star restaurant. Truly fantastic.

It is on the square of the Pantheon and close to everything including a cab rank for things that aren't. Breakfast and drinks only, but there about 50 place to eat nearby. Not cheap, but worth it. A good fit for a Seabourn pre/post. My wife and I spent a week there in May of this year and would return.

http://www.hotelsolealpantheon.com/

Willis Frick