Voyager OPT berthing

gbenjo

Can't remember which thread it was in but there was a lot of speculation about which way the Voyager would now berth in Sydny now that the pier extension is complete ( it was probably that thread I guess:o) but anyway when she was here on Monday she berthed stern in, as per usual, so it would appear this will be way in the future so any of you who took this into account when booking a port or starboard stateroom, you either won or lost:D. I presume the Solstice will also keep berthing stern in also.

You are a good man! We noticed that one time she came in bow first, and then every time we look at Sydney cafe cam lately she as back to usual. We booked a nice hump on the starboard side for November, so we might be on the lucky side of the ledger, but it isn't a big deal.

We were on the port side. The benefits to being on the port side:

nice view of Auckland city when we docked there and again for sailaway, saw the Suva marching band arrive on the dock and perform when we arrived in Suva, had a view of bustling downtown Suva whilst docked there and the teens got free wi-fi on the balcony, had a nice view of the Harbour Bridge when we returned to Sydney.

Port side on any ship is good if you are going around NZ starting at Milford Sound and want to see any land that you come close to and also for internet reception if you are roaming and want to pick up the NZ networks.

We saw whales one afternoon on the starboard side though! :D Also when coming along the east coast of NZ (Dunedin up to Auckland etc) you get the sun on your balcony for breaky. But on Port side you can catch some great sunsets.

The best idea is to swap sides from cruise to cruise and see everything eventually :) All sides are good really.

Thanks Gbenjo.:D

Balconies on Port or Starboard are good, are great for seeing views without leaving your room, Aft balconies gives you rear and to some degree views to both sides. The best however is up on deck, which gets you 360 degree views.:D

Gbenjo! Solstice came in bow first today? They are just trying to keep us guessing :)

If people can get a special rate for the first night in Tuscan Grille the view would be fantastic! The Solstice is scheduled to leave at 5pm, but there might still be some views if you can get an early booking.

Edited by goodycruising

Gbenjo! Solstice came in bow first today? They are just trying to keep us guessing :)

If people can get a special rate for the first night in Tuscan Grille the view would be fantastic! The Solstice is scheduled to leave at 5pm, but there might still be some views if you can get an early booking.

Interesting, the Tuscan grill would be good but dinner would need to be very early.:D

Gbenjo! Solstice came in bow first today? They are just trying to keep us guessing.

Yes I was watching her berth this morning and suddenly realized she was coming in bow first and from what I was told today the Solstice will be berthing bow in from now on and the Voyager will be doing the same, pending approval from her captain, so I guess what I said earlier in this thread is out the window:o:o. Stay tuned, it could all change again next week,guess that is why they call ships "she" ...they are always changing their minds:D:D

Yes I was watching her berth this morning and suddenly realized she was coming in bow first and from what I was told today the Solstice will be berthing bow in from now on and the Voyager will be doing the same, pending approval from her captain, so I guess what I said earlier in this thread is out the window:o:o. Stay tuned, it could all change again next week,guess that is why they call ships "she" ...they are always changing their minds:D:D

My conspiracy theory, is the cruise lines don't want people to know and are keeping everyone guessing so that they can sell balcony cabins on both sides.:D

Now you'll be in trouble, with the comment about shes my she is wonderful sweet loving and gentle, and she might read this.

• 2 weeks later...
Estimated cost for taxi from OPT to airport please?

$40-$60 depending on traffic. Another option is the train from Circular Quay (about 150 m from the OPT) to the airport for around $16 each, concession (senior discount) is much less. dragging your luggage may be an issue though.:D

$40-$60 depending on traffic. Another option is the train from Circular Quay (about 150 m from the OPT) to the airport for around $16 each, concession (senior discount) is much less. dragging your luggage may be an issue though.:D

Those are Australian prices so a bit less in US money.

10 % surcharge if you want to pay by credit card.