choosing to allow RCCL to choose your balcony room" - LOS - 12/24-31/2017

I need some assistance, I've book and paid for our trip (cruise) on the Liberty for Dec 24-31, 2017, for a inside room (promenade room) for myself and my son (28 years old). My husband passed away suddenly 3 months ago, and we didn't want to be around anyone we knew. I was going to surprise my son with a balcony room, he's never been on a cruise before, and this is my 2nd one & the 1st cruise my husband & I had a balcony room 3 years ago.

But...my question is, has anyone every had RCCL choose their room, it's almost $325 cheaper if they pick your room, if so, what was the outcome, negative or positives?

Thank you,

jean

We've done it and been happy. Once the room is assigned you can change it to any other available stateroom in the exact same category. You do run the risk of it being assigned late and having no other cabins in the category available. Can't think of too many bad balconies on Liberty. For that kind o savings I would go for it.

I've been happy with the guaranteed rooms I booked. The cabin I was assigned for my Dec 9 cruise wasn't in the best spot for me, so I called and was able to change to a location that works better for me. But even the one I was assigned first was fine and we would have been very happy there.

Sorry for the loss of your husband

Thank you, he was only 54 yrs old & hadn't been retired from the Shreveport Police Dept but maybe 1 1/2 yrs, worked part time as a PARA (teachers aide) for a local middle school, we were involved with 3 different children's ministries & was the commander of our church's AWANA program. Always had a smile, never got upset about anything. We were married 30 yrs , my son said he didn't want me to go anywhere by myself for awhile. So, I said ok. Jim & I were scheduled to go oct 8-15, 2017 Liberty cruise, had to cancel, so I told my son, well your dad & I were going anyway, so let's just do this together, he'll be with us. It'll be good for the both of us. We really need to get away now, but he's a band director, so it's kinda hard right now. Christmas would be the best time.

Thank you again.

When you book upgrade, do they tell you immediately what your room # is? Or do you wait until the day you board the ship?

If you upgrade to a specific stateroom, you know immediately. If you upgrade to a guarantee, you can know anytime up to when you arrive at the pier.

We booked a balcony guarantee on Navigator and were assigned a room within 24 hours but can be anytime up until you check in at the port in theory. I can't think really of any bad balconies on the ship. At a minimum, you have more square footage than the PR room. We've had them previously and really like them, but the extra room on the balcony rooms is nice to have.