Here I Go

runner2013

Hi everyone,

Sitting outside my hotel in Miami until its time to hop on shuttle that takes me to port for my very first solo cruise ever on Norwegian Sky. Feeling excited, little nervous, hopeful and so many other things at once. After stalking these solo boards for so long I decided to take a leap of faith and give it a try by myself. So far it really is true that no one else pays you any attention since they are wrapped up in their own business. Makes it so much easier to people watch for sure! I'm looking forward to doing whatever I want whenever I want without having to worry about someone else's wishes. I am a bit of an introvert so I'll make a conscious effort to smile and acknowledge as many people as possible, and attend all the solo mixers on board. Other than that I'll just go with the flow and see where it takes me...

So please wish this newbie solo traveler(I'm used to going as a couple) good times all you veterans :D and here's hoping for a wonderful cruise :cool:

Patty

Good luck and have fun Patty! I'll be taking my first solo cruise (after 30 or so with DH) in April. I was just sitting here thinking of how, even when I cruise with DH we spend a lot of time apart on the ship.

Have a great time!

Tammy

I embark on my 1st solo adventure the end of January, with a B2B on the Jewel out of San Juan.

I travel by myself for business all of the time, but have never vacationed by myself. I'm not afraid, just hope that it is as easy to socialize as a solo as it is as pair.

I too am a bit of an introvert, but somehow I have no problem striking up a conversation with other cruisers. Hopefully I haven't been riding on the coattails of my past travel companions, and can strike up friendships without the support of others!

Went on my first solo cruise in September and loved it! I think it would be hard to meet people at an all-inclusive resort vacation but it was super easy on a cruise. People just seem more friendly and ready to strike up conversations.

Well I've been on the ship for about 5 hours now and I can say no one has given me Amy strange looks. I've been all over the ship and talked to people everywhere . It really is true no one looks at you funny for being alone. .even if they do its not my business what they think: )..

My first solo cruise was for 118 days. Loved it all. There were people to talk to if I wanted or I could sit and read a book if I wanted. If I got any strange looks for traveling alone, I didn't see them.

Hope you have a fantastic cruise, runner2013!

I hope you enjoy your cruise!

I'm embarking on my first solo cruise at the end of May. I've always traveled with my husband, sister, and other family and friends, so this will be a change. But I've reached the point where I can either stay at home since no one can join me or just go by myself. And I've chosen to go by myself!

Like you, I'm an introvert, so I have some concerns there. But I'm so excited to try solo cruising and looking forward to doing whatever I want when I want!

Enjoy your week on the Norwegian Sky! I hope you'll share your solo travel stories when you return.

Bon Voyage!

Hi all. Just got back from my first solo trip. I had an absolutely wonderful time!! It really is true no one pays attention to you while waiting to board. All my concern was for nothing. Went to a solo meet and mingle first night in a piano bar and met a great group of people I ended up hanging around with during the days by the pool and/or dinner and the clubs at night. I had my me time which I thoroughly enjoyed but it was nice to have others to do things with when I so chose.

If you've been nervous about cruising alone don't worry at all..book it and go!! :D

Hi all. Just got back from my first solo trip. I had an absolutely wonderful time!! It really is true no one pays attention to you while waiting to board. All my concern was for nothing. Went to a solo meet and mingle first night in a piano bar and met a great group of people I ended up hanging around with during the days by the pool and/or dinner and the clubs at night. I had my me time which I thoroughly enjoyed but it was nice to have others to do things with when I so chose.

If you've been nervous about cruising alone don't worry at all..book it and go!! :D

Glad you had such a good time:D...sometimes it just takes that first

step. Nice to know you will be going again;):):D......my next cruise

is in May (solo of course)....lets hope I can just get through the next

5 months.:eek:

That's so great! I'm glad to hear that you had a good time.

I took the plunge yesterday and booked my first solo for May! Now that I've finally made that step, I am beyond excited!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Glad you enjoyed your first solo :)

I don't think I could cruise with anyone else, sounds selfish, but it's just nice doing what you want, when you want.

It's also good when in a crowd, you do to have to worry about losing the other person :rolleyes:;)

I booked my first solo cruise for April. I am so glad I found this forum. I was very nervous but after reading these posts I know I am going to have a great time.

What cruise line and date? Make sure to join the roll call for your trip. I met a really nice woman and her two daughters I ended up having a great time with.

:D

I booked my first solo cruise for April. I am so glad I found this forum. I was very nervous but after reading these posts I know I am going to have a great time.

Have a great time...let us know how it went.

(I just noticed you are located in Beverly Ma.. I'm your neighbor. I live in Tewksbury Ma.. talk about a small world:)