2016 Cruise Plans or dreams?

RMS Olympic

Anyone looking out to 2016?

I just booked a cruise for March 2016 after finding a cruise on Princess to one of the destinations on my bucket list.......Papua New Guinea embarking Brisbane Australia. Papua NG......a land known for its man eaters.......can you believe it? :rolleyes:

Where are you going? Its really not that far off.

Happy sailing

Anyone looking out to 2016?

I just booked a cruise for March 2016 after finding a cruise on Princess to one of the destinations on my bucket list.......Papua New Guinea embarking Brisbane Australia. Papua NG......a land known for its man eaters.......can you believe it? :rolleyes:

Where are you going? Its really not that far off.

Happy sailing

I'm a firm believer in booking early. So far I've got a 11 night on Serenade of the Seas, Southern Caribbean in January 2016 and 11 night Hawaii on Radiance of the Seas in April. I won't have anymore vacation time after that so whatever else I do will have to be weekend trips.

I am big on planning ahead. Unfortunately, since we can only cruise between June - December every year, our options for planning for 2016 are limited. Only Azamara and Crystal have released their full 2016 slate of voyages. We have booked the 2016-17 Christmas / New Year's cruise on Crystal Serenity. For our Summer 2016 cruise, we'll have to wait, as Celebrity (our preferred line) won't have these released until early next year. That year will be my 40th birthday year, so hopefully Celebrity will come out with some great itineraries.

Michael

We have only 2 planned so far for 2016, a B2B on RCI Explorer of the Seas from Sydney to NZ and the onto Thailand, Malaysia and ending in Singapore. Cruise is 27 days total to celebrate a milestone birthday for hubby.

I'm excited about 2016. My plan is to do the following:

February: RSVP's Caribbean sailing. And I'm really hoping that it will be back on Regal Princess. (I would do the 2015 sailing, but I have too many other cruises booked! :mad:) I'm likely going to do the roommate share program, so that should be an adventure. My last RSVP cruise was in 2012, and that's too long.

Only one of the following, sometime in October-December:

11-night Mexican Riviera on Norwegian Sun roundtrip from San Diego; or

12-night Southern Caribbean on Norwegian Breakaway.

The irony is that the cost for either itinerary will be roughly the same. I'll pay double on Sun, but studios on Breakaway for the Southern Caribbean itinerary go for anywhere in the $1,800-$2,000 range. But a few nights in New York and all of the shipboard offerings on Breakaway are a huge draw. It's likely what I'll choose.

I'm dreaming of doing Crystal Symphony for the holidays 2016-17., Auckland, NZ, to Melbourne, Aus., with overnight in Sydney for New Year's Eve. Hope to have enough miles to flight business class, because husband won't do coach for that long flight. The flights is the only thing holdings back from making a deposit.

I'm dreaming of doing Crystal Symphony for the holidays 2016-17., Auckland, NZ, to Melbourne, Aus., with overnight in Sydney for New Year's Eve. Hope to have enough miles to flight business class, because husband won't do coach for that long flight. The flights is the only thing holdings back from making a deposit.

I'm 6 feet 6 inches. I live in Miami. Flew from MIA to LAX and LAX to sydney in coach on Qantas and then flew home from New Zealand. It's really not that bad. The trip will be worth it. Trust me ;)

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

New Zealand is on my bucket list. As posted I am booked on my Papua new Guinea cruise out of Brisbane, so I have the long flight to look forward to as well. I intend to do a New Zealand cruise in either late 2016 or 1st qtr 2017. The big question will be which line and which ship. If the itineraries are basically the same I would think excursions would be similar as well. So which vessel to take? Is there a best month to tour NZ? I guess I will post a separate thread to ask for feedback. I must admit one of the primary goals of a NZ trip would be to try some of the extreme sport activities like bungee jumping and zorb. I will look at this Crystal cruise to see what it is all about.

tncap....I am curious about the Carnival Vista, cant find anything on her after the announcement that steel was cut. Do you have any further info?

Too many ships, not enough ready cash, not to mention the dog......I have separation anxieties:o

New Zealand is on my bucket list. As posted I am booked on my Papua new Guinea cruise out of Brisbane, so I have the long flight to look forward to as well. I intend to do a New Zealand cruise in either late 2016 or 1st qtr 2017. The big question will be which line and which ship. If the itineraries are basically the same I would think excursions would be similar as well. So which vessel to take? Is there a best month to tour NZ? I guess I will post a separate thread to ask for feedback. I must admit one of the primary goals of a NZ trip would be to try some of the extreme sport activities like bungee jumping and zorb. I will look at this Crystal cruise to see what it is all about.

tncap....I am curious about the Carnival Vista, cant find anything on her after the announcement that steel was cut. Do you have any further info?

Too many ships, not enough ready cash, not to mention the dog......I have separation anxieties:o

I did it with Celebrity in January, weather was perfect at every port. Crossing the Tasman was rough. I did all private tours, I seldom do ship tours. I would highly recommend all of them.

I'm 6 feet 6 inches. I live in Miami. Flew from MIA to LAX and LAX to sydney in coach on Qantas and then flew home from New Zealand. It's really not that bad. The trip will be worth it. Trust me ;)

And how many cocktails did you have prior and during the flight??? I have problems sleeping during flights, and cocktails usually make it worst. :eek:

I think December/January is not a good time to visit DownUnder, is the middle of their summer and it gets pretty hot, I understand. But again, you live in FL, so you are used to heat and humidity. We were in Rio de Janeiro this past January and the heat with high humidity was almost unbearable. We don't plan on doing any of the extreme sport activities. Having said that, I would like to try the hike to the top of the Harbor bridge in Sydney.

Don't remind me of leaving my dogs, they are getting up in age, and I really don't want to go away for too long either.

• 2 weeks later...

Our 25th Anniversary is in March 2016, so I have booked us on the Volendam for the 16 day Indonesian Explorer and Solar Eclipse!

Normally I am content to wait and see what comes available late in the day on HAL--but for this life event we booked ahead! :)

We have also thought about this cruise. We might have put Alaska on hold to do this Transatlantic. ;)

Do ittttt. :)

It is higher on my cruise bucket list than Alaska - though they are both for sure on there.

Pied Piper has a group on the Celebrity Infinity Jan 31, 2016 for 14 nights, that includes 3 nights in Rio for Carnival.

I'm booked!

Carnival has been a bucket list item, but hotel costs have been so outrageous -- Marriott wanted minimum 7 night stay at $700 per night! May as well do a 14 night cruise and use the ship as my hotel!

Only 543 days to go.... :D

I would like to try the hike to the top of the Harbor bridge in Sydney.

I've done this. I expected it to be a workout, and wondered if I'd actually finish it. It was so easy and a very gradual incline.

One of my favorite travel photos, me and 2 friends with part of the bridge and the full opera house in the back ground at sunset. We had a 4 or 4:30 climb and it was sunny going up and dark coming down.

I've done this. I expected it to be a workout, and wondered if I'd actually finish it. It was so easy and a very gradual incline.

One of my favorite travel photos, me and 2 friends with part of the bridge and the full opera house in the back ground at sunset. We had a 4 or 4:30 climb and it was sunny going up and dark coming down.

Glad to know is an easy and gradual incline, I would definitely do it if I could, but I don't think it will be possible to do it at sunset, because we will be in Sydney on New Year's Eve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just joined this site and have just booked my first cruise. I'm moving to the Gold Coast next year and have booked the 14 night New Zealand cruise departing Brisbane onboard Legend of the Seas in January 2016.

Excited and nervous being a solo gay traveller. But hopefully all will go well.

Pied Piper has a group on the Celebrity Infinity Jan 31, 2016 for 14 nights, that includes 3 nights in Rio for Carnival.

I'm booked!

Carnival has been a bucket list item, but hotel costs have been so outrageous -- Marriott wanted minimum 7 night stay at $700 per night! May as well do a 14 night cruise and use the ship as my hotel!

Only 543 days to go.... :D

After seen this post I looked into it, it looks wonderful, but can't make both this cruise and Crystal cruise at the end of the year. Carnival in Rio is also in my bucket list, specially now that I have been to Rio and I loved it. I don't have unlimited funds or time to do it all. My husband and I were in most of those ports last December and once is enough for some of the ports of call. Having said that, being with a Pied Piper group should be lots of fun, not matter the ports.

Just joined this site and have just booked my first cruise. I'm moving to the Gold Coast next year and have booked the 14 night New Zealand cruise departing Brisbane onboard Legend of the Seas in January 2016.

Hello ZeusRocks,

I'm fortunate to have a partner (now a husband) and to have cruised many times together, and we have met many single cruisers traveling solo. Most solo travelers we have met seem to have a good time. It's all in your attitude, if you are not afraid to talk to others you will be fine. Keep an eye for your roll-call or create one if none is listed.

You will have a wonderful time

I'm fortunate to have a partner (now a husband) and to have cruised many times together, and we have met many single cruisers traveling solo. Most solo travelers we have met seem to have a good time. It's all in your attitude, if you are not afraid to talk to others you will be fine. Keep an eye for your roll-call or create one if none is listed.

You will have a wonderful time

Thanks for that. I'm sure I will. Just nervous probably as it will be my first vacation in over 14 years.

I''ve done all by 2 of my cruses as a solo. Some with gay groups, some without. Always find plenty of new friends to hang out, and usually long time friends are made from the ship as well. Find the martini bar the first afternoon and you will quickly find "us" !