Judy Abbott sad news

SANDAS

For those of you in the Tatsfield area, services for Judie will be held on October 6 @ 12 Noon. If you care to attend the reception afterwards, you MUST e-mail Carole Routledge at captotty@sky.com so there is a proper head count for the caterer. I am so sorry that I cannot be there. We will be having a service in her memory on Oct. 3, here on the Shadow.

There was a Memorial Service yesterday. A few dozen people attended. While waiting for it to begin, there was a slide show of Judie and her gowns (and hairstyles) over the years. It was terrific. The service closed with a video of Judie singing "Send in the Clowns", accompanied by a recording of her late husband, Trevor, accompanying her. There was not a dry eye in the place! What a glorious woman! She will be missed by many.

Thanks so much for sharing this thoughtful Silver Shadow memorial for Judie--so fondly recall her on board--ever smiling, always engaging (pax or crew)--bundle of never ending extraordinary positive energy.

Dear all,

My name is Alicia. My grandfather Henry Tattersall was Judie Abbott's partner. I visited her many a time during the last 3 weeks of her life while she was staying at St Christopher's Hospice. The doctors and nurses took such great care of her and Judie expressed to me that she wanted to give something back to the hospice. Judie mentioned that she wanted to carry out a raffle in order to raise money for the charity, as she was too ill to do this I decided to take on the challenge of raising some money instead. On Thursday the 2nd of October I asked people to sponsor me for a skydive I did from 12,000ft in order to raise money for the hospice.

Judie touched the lives of thousands with her friendly manner and caring charm and because of this I have received many donations from people across the world.

If you are one of these people who was lucky enough to have met Judie I am sure she would be grateful if you could make a donation.

Please see below my Just Giving page where you can easily ddonate money that goes straight to the hospice.

https://www.justgiving.com/Alicia-Rogers/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=shares-from-eua&utm_content=Alicia-Rogers&utm_campaign=eua-share-facebook

Many thanks

Alicia

I have just seen your posts Duct Tape and thank you for the news although it is so sad. Thanks to Wes too for the great pictures. I started this thread because I was so sad to hear that Judy was so ill. She was our favourite cruise director and will always be part of our memories. A lovely, gracious lady. Thank you Judy for being you.

Dear all,

My name is Alicia. My grandfather Henry Tattersall was Judie Abbott's partner. I visited her many a time during the last 3 weeks of her life while she was staying at St Christopher's Hospice. The doctors and nurses took such great care of her and Judie expressed to me that she wanted to give something back to the hospice. Judie mentioned that she wanted to carry out a raffle in order to raise money for the charity, as she was too ill to do this I decided to take on the challenge of raising some money instead. On Thursday the 2nd of October I asked people to sponsor me for a skydive I did from 12,000ft in order to raise money for the hospice.

Judie touched the lives of thousands with her friendly manner and caring charm and because of this I have received many donations from people across the world.

If you are one of these people who was lucky enough to have met Judie I am sure she would be grateful if you could make a donation.

Please see below my Just Giving page where you can easily ddonate money that goes straight to the hospice.

https://www.justgiving.com/Alicia-Rogers/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=shares-from-eua&utm_content=Alicia-Rogers&utm_campaign=eua-share-facebook

Many thanks

Alicia

It is very good of you to provide a way for those of us who were so fond of Judie to honor her memory in a concrete fashion. Thanks.

Just returned from a five week trip and am very sad to h ear this news. I still remember Judy celebrating my birthday on board the Cloud with me in 2007 and several other cruises with her. She was such a force and a real asset to SS.