Judy Abbott sad news

SANDAS

Good morning CTTWin - I echo your thoughts about our beloved Judy. From a Guest perspective she was equally caring and made joining Cloud in particular such a joy - we wish her well.

So good to hear from you Jimmy - we miss your special Talents so much and hope that you are enjoying your new Ventures. We so remember your Performance at Trattoria Italiana when you attempted to complement dear Fred !!! and also your sterling efforts to run a Trivia Session so soon after returning to the Cloud after canoeing in Norway - You are missed.

• 1 month later...

I've known Judie for about ten years, and have worked with her many times as a lecturer and destination consultant aboard Silversea ships all around the world.

My wife and I were with her last fall on her last contract. She was tired and she was looking forward to what she promised would be her final, real, actual, and unchangeable retirement. . . but none of us really believed there would ever come a day when she was not the queen of the seas.

We exchanged messages as she was about to begin treatment back home in England.

Judie is the most gracious and talented cruise director and performer I have ever known.

If you truly seek the measure of Judie Abbott, know this: amongst the crew of Silversea she was known by another name: "Mother."

We join with all of her friends in wishing her well.

Corey

If you truly seek the measure of Judie Abbott, know this: amongst the crew of Silversea she was known by another name: "Mother."

Corey

Thank you for sharing your story Corey. And, welcome to the Silversea forum on Cruise Critic!

I've known Judie for about ten years, and have worked with her many times as a lecturer and destination consultant aboard Silversea ships all around the world.

My wife and I were with her last fall on her last contract. She was tired and she was looking forward to what she promised would be her final, real, actual, and unchangeable retirement. . . but none of us really believed there would ever come a day when she was not the queen of the seas.

We exchanged messages as she was about to begin treatment back home in England.

Judie is the most gracious and talented cruise director and performer I have ever known.

Corey

Nicely said Corey. We had the pleasure of cruising with you and Judie on the Norway cruise last summer.

We certainly hope that Judie knows just how many people's lives she has touched in a most positive way over the years.

• 2 months later...

Yes, now on board the Cloud and asked CD David Lawton if he has heard anything about how Judy is. David told me he just came back from a visit with Judy last week she has her good days and bad days, chemo is through and now they (Medical folks) are doing their best to make her comfortable. Our warmest/healthiest wishes sent to Judy!

Thanks for the update. It's just so sad but I hope that Judie is still able to use all of the positive energy that she radiated and shared with many hundreds of SS passengers for her own well being.

I also hope that Silversea HQ are doing their bit to ensure a much-loved member of their team is looked after at this difficult time. If ever there was an opportunity for Silversea's controversial Maruzza Lefebvre D’Ovidio Foundation to do some good, surely this is it.

If ever there was an opportunity for Silversea's controversial Maruzza Lefebvre D’Ovidio Foundation to do some good, surely this is it.
That is a wonderful thought, but I believe their palliative care services are only for those individuals of Italian descent with non malignant chronic diseases. So, hopefully Silversea has a wonderful health insurance program that takes great care of their employees.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
It is with a very heavy heart that i tell you that Judie Abbott Lowcroft died today at St Christopher's Hospice in London. She touched the lives of thousands. She was loved and cherished by many. Rest in Peace, Judie.

Duct tape, she is probably organizing the next angle trivia, she was a wonder, learning my partner needed a bone marrow transplant at the time , kinda an unusual operation--we were on the could-- he went to bed , she talked with me for hours telling me all would be about ok. 5 years ago he is ok, she was right. Point is, she always was just there when you needed someone to stiffen your back bone

Such a shame.

We only met Judie for the first time last summer for what turned out to be one of her last voyages. She welcomed us warmly, fawned over our teenage daughter and made her feel exceptionally welcomed on board. Any time we passed in the hallways or while going ashore, she was always quick with a smile and a compliment.

Lastly, our cruise was one of the first "short-sail" voyages SS implemented whereby they split longer itineraries in two. She managed this additional mini-turnaround day mid-cruise with such grace.

Such a lovely soul Ms. Abbott was. Our memories are fond. May she rest in peace.

Such a shame.

We only met Judie for the first time last summer for what turned out to be one of her last voyages. She welcomed us warmly, fawned over our teenage daughter and made her feel exceptionally welcomed on board. Any time we passed in the hallways or while going ashore, she was always quick with a smile and a compliment.

Lastly, our cruise was one of the first "short-sail" voyages SS implemented whereby they split longer itineraries in two. She managed this additional mini-turnaround day mid-cruise with such grace.

Such a lovely soul Ms. Abbott was. Our memories are fond. May she rest in peace.

Wow, what a wonderful and warm comment! My partner and I knew Judie for a few years and you captured her spirit so well. Thanks, what you said makes her glow.

Thanks, Wes, for posting these. My family and I were lucky enough to sail with Judie twice on the Cloud. She was lovely to us and our young teenage daughter. It brought a tear to my eye to see such beautiful pictures of such a wonderful woman.

Best, Janice