Fare lowered 3x (so far)

DUHCAR

Booked in Feb of this year for a cruise next March. The price has dropped three times so far -- usually every 2 or 3 months. I am hopefully expecting another one after the 120 day, but before the 90 day pay up deadline.

We've taken two other cruises on the little ones in the past, but nothing like this happened.

Is this normal?

Booked in Feb of this year for a cruise next March. The price has dropped three times so far -- usually every 2 or 3 months. I am hopefully expecting another one after the 120 day, but before the 90 day pay up deadline.

We've taken two other cruises on the little ones in the past, but nothing like this happened.

Is this normal?

I can only guess the itinerary has something to do with it and therefore the popularity, either way good luck you long may it drop!

I thought it was this one that's why the price goes down as it has limited appeal due to logistics for us all to get to and from.

First class air for me would be way more than a penthouse on the ship

Edited by Mr Luxury

I thought it was this one that's why the price goes down as it has limited appeal due to logistics for us all to get to and from.

There's always Economy.......:):):)

There's always ba miles hk and Tokyo with quick Shinkansen to Kobe. Marvellous. Worked for us last year (non cruise)

Yes I can use my miles but just try getting a first class flight with them when you need one

That's why we have stopped using Air Canada's Aeroplan and just use a cash back card that gives you 2%. Cash is king!

Galeforce 9, who are you flying over and back? We are using miles to fly Emirates first class (with the shower) and Singapore back. Don't know if I'm more excited about the flights or the cruise.

Hi cpinstein. It's British airways. We get an Amex two for one companion voucher which makes the miles go further. We've been to Cape Town, Las Vegas, Denver, Seoul, Tokyo, Sydney etc usually in first but sometimes in business and find it a fair scheme with reasonable availability. Sydney perhaps being the exception which is really difficult to secure seats on.

It's nice that the flights are another highlight of the holiday! I don't particularly enjoy flying but find a flat bed and champagne help the nerves!

We were lucky to fly Emirates first a few times because of a photo competition win and a miles upgrade from business class. The a380 shower and suite were something else. They even got a chilled champagne ready for me in the shower (at their suggestion). My main issue was ensuring I wasn't too long as you have time slots and the water is limited!! Caviar and all the trimmings was just like being on seabourn. So you'll love it. I still have those pyjamas somewhere!! Luckily the flight was smooth :-)

What is the Amex 2 for 1 voucher? Need to look into this

It is an British Airways American Express Platinum Credit Card, it cost 190 GBP (sorry I have a US keyboard!) a year and you to have a ten thousand pound spend on it that year, then you qualify for a 2-4-1 voucher that enables you and a companion to fly for the equivalent of one set of air miles, the voucher is valid for 2 years from the date you qualify. I hope this makes sense.

I apologise to the op for going off topic.

Not sure if this BA card has the same restrictions as the 2-4-1 regular AMEX Platinum card but here the catch is the flight you pay for is a full fare ticket. I would be curious to know if the BA Amex card carries this retraction as well. On any given day we can usually find biz or first class fares for much less than 50 percent of full fare so this deal has never made sense for us. If you find it works for you go for it!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not sure if this BA card has the same restrictions as the 2-4-1 regular AMEX Platinum card but here the catch is the flight you pay for is a full fare ticket. I would be curious to know if the BA Amex card carries this retraction as well. On any given day we can usually find biz or first class fares for much less than 50 percent of full fare so this deal has never made sense for us. If you find it works for you go for it!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Chairsin

It just allows you to get miles flights at half the usual miles rate (2 for 1). However the availability is limited and you still have to pay taxes and surcharges which are usually about £500 each on a long haul in first. There is no other charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The ports on your Pearls of The China Seas cruise include 4 Phillipine stops. Compare to the Japan, Korea, and Beijing or Asian Capitals cruises which have more interesting (at least to me) ports. These latter cruises are also 18 days and either cost more or are sold out.

Of course, all these cruises have had price reductions off "brochure"pricing.

Regarding flying in or out of Kobe, Osaka airport is only about 20 miles from Kobe.

Re Asian capitals, we've done most of them and their countries already on our own (no cruise) but haven't been to the Phillipines or Taiwan at all, so this cruise is perfect as a sampler and lets us off in Japan for more independent exploration.

I better shut up or people will start booking and the price won't drop anymore

:rolleyes:

Re Asian capitals, we've done most of them and their countries already on our own (no cruise) but haven't been to the Phillipines or Taiwan at all, so this cruise is perfect as a sampler and lets us off in Japan for more independent exploration.

I better shut up or people will start booking and the price won't drop anymore

:rolleyes:

Ha ha. Sounds tempting to me too but unfortunately busy period at work so no more time off then.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums