TSA Pre Check available in San Juan???

bookitdanno

According to the TSA Website, the following airlines use TSA Pre Check at the San Juan airport.

Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport (SJU)

Participating Airlines

Air Canada

American Airlines

Cape Air

Delta Air Lines

Seaborne Airlines

Southwest Airlines

United Airlines

Has anyone found this to be the case?

Has anyone found that this is NOT the case?

Just double checking the TSA. Now, why would anyone do that? ;)

Thanks

There are only two terminals, one that Jet Blue and a few island hoppers use and the other terminal for those listed above plus Spirit. The business access is usually set up by the airline itself, not TSA. I did not notice any Sky Priority line for DL (the airline I flew), and did not really see any "Global Services" either (for UA). There was one HUGE line for the "common" TSA checkpoint when was there in May - it wrapped around every inch of the rat maze setup. I had my Pre Check and cruised right up, put down my bag, walked through magnetometer (instead of the "hands up" nude-o-scope) and was on my way to some duty free shopping in about 5 minutes. This was at about 10:30am for a noon flight on a morning when I know at least Carnival had a ship disembark it's guests.

Was there a separate line for Bus. Class or did they put them in the TSA pre-check line as well?

TSA Pre and Elite/Business are rarely bundled together because TSA Pre has different screening standards.

TSA Pre and Elite/Business are rarely bundled together because TSA Pre has different screening standards.

Correct, and at many airports there are only 2 lines period- one for Pre and one regular line. Biz pax and elite level frequent flyers may or may not find dedicated security lines, especially at smaller and/or non-hub airports.

Correct, and at many airports there are only 2 lines period- one for Pre and one regular line. Biz pax and elite level frequent flyers may or may not find dedicated security lines, especially at smaller and/or non-hub airports.

I was surprised the first time they had us go in the TSA Pre-Check line, but then it happened so often, I got used to it. They don't advertise this with any signage - it's something they do right as you enter the regular line and once in awhile, the airline reps. will tell you ahead of time when you check in your bags.