Mobile Passport App

klfrodo

• 1 year later...

This free app was a life saver for us last week. We were flying LHR to CLT connecting in Dulles. We were late leaving London due to protest blocking the roads into Heathrow. Passengers and crew could not get through. Consequently, we had about 1.5 hours to connect yo our flight to Charlotte. Dulles must have just gotten the Mobile Passport capability as I had looked before our trip and did not see it. I had read about it in the United magazine on the plane. Once we landed I checked off the list of questions(same as the paper form) and just kept asking where the Mobile a Passport line was. We were able to duck the long lines and got through in about five minutes. We had to then get luggage and head to the A gates. We literally power walked for over an hour. We got to our gate just as they were boarding. But then we sat on the Tarmac for 1.5 hours due to the plane being overweight. Four passengers were taken off and we took off. Had we not had the Mobile Passport we might very well have missed our flight. In June we used the app in Atlanta--a mere five minutes at Customs.

And, the price was right: free.

Pearl

Used it for the first time in Atlanta on 4 Aug and had doubts on if/how it would work. It worked great and we saved so much time. Just answered the 3 (I think) questions to complete the form on my phone as soon as we landed. We were directed to the Mobile Passport Line and even though there were a number of people in line we were at the Customs Agent stand in about 10 minutes. Scanned the info on my phone for both myself and DH and then on our way to get luggage. The other line, where people had to wait their turn to input their info at the kiosks, was really long and slow. So glad we had uploaded the app, our pictures and passports before we left home.

It's an option in leau of.

This thread is over a year old. At the time I had GOES, my wife did not.

When we returned from Jamaic and arrived in Miami, my wife would have beat me through passport control if she hadn't made a wrong turn.

Is this something you would do in leau of Global Entry or with it? Just curious.

Teanne

No. This has to do with your customs declaration that in the past you filled out the blue form when rentering the US from overseas. Flight Attendants used to give you the Blue Customs Form before the plane landed. Google Mobile Passport and it will tell you about what it covers. There is an app you download to either your iPhone or iPad. If you don't have the app, you have to input the required data into the kiosks before you get cleared through Customs Control.

No. This has to do with your customs declaration that in the past you filled out the blue form when rentering the US from overseas. Flight Attendants used to give you the Blue Customs Form before the plane landed. Google Mobile Passport and it will tell you about what it covers. There is an app you download to either your iPhone or iPad. If you don't have the app, you have to input the required data into the kiosks before you get cleared through Customs Control.

Thanks for the info. I did check it out and it sounds great. So I went ahead and downloaded the app on my iphone and put my info in. Now just need to put husbands in and get a picture too. really nice app. Unfortunately our local airport doesn't have this yet (Austin TX) but I know on some international flights we'll be flying into other airports too. So will possibly get to use it sometime next year.

Teanne

Unfortunately our local airport doesn't have this yet (Austin TX) but I know on some international flights we'll be flying into other airports too. So will possibly get to use it sometime next year.

Teanne

AUS isn't a hub city or a major international gateway city, so you're unlikely to see more than an occasional international arrival there. Hence, no real need for it there.