Carnival Dream (Oct 1st)

kalliem

If a cruise line cannot adequately keep their rooms cool with AC, and it's hot enough for passengers to bring fans, then that is a cruise line I will no longer book with. Last I cruised Carnival was in 2007, and AC was just fine. I've since only cruised with RCCL and NCL, but am planning a 2019 cruise with Carnival. If AC is a problem on the Breeze, Carnival will not be having me as a customer again. I refuse to drag a fan on my cruise! That is just crazy, people!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just got off the Dream Sunday and we had no issues. You control the temperature in your room. I had to actually turn ours warmer since hubby and I were freezing! I see no need for a fan. Now if you are staying in a balcony room and use door alot, it may be different. We were in an inside cabin.

Just got off the Dream Sunday and we had no issues. You control the temperature in your room. I had to actually turn ours warmer since hubby and I were freezing! I see no need for a fan. Now if you are staying in a balcony room and use door alot, it may be different. We were in an inside cabin.

Just got off Sunday as well. In a balcony. I am always hot and really don't remember complaining at any time indoors! Also, if you have a balcony/window, keep curtains closed when not in room. Helps to keep it cool - but, nope, never once thought of needing a fan! The whole cruise was awesome.

Depends on the person, and then it depends on what that person is feeling moment to moment. Highly variable for some.

If you are worried about temps being too hot, then bring a small fan. Better to have it and not worry, then to find out you'll be uncomfortable without one.

I find discussions about temperatures, food, and port experiences to be highly subjective. To your own self be true!

I've not been on a cruise yet (we leave next Saturday), but this was also a concern of mine. I've read a lot of mixed reviews. I purchased a small one to take, if nothing else, for white noise at night. I hope we don't need it because the room is too warm. We like it cold at night.

Depends on the person, and then it depends on what that person is feeling moment to moment. Highly variable for some.

If you are worried about temps being too hot, then bring a small fan. Better to have it and not worry, then to find out you'll be uncomfortable without one.

I find discussions about temperatures, food, and port experiences to be highly subjective. To your own self be true!

Thank you so much for this post. I agree 100%. Do what you feel is right for you and don't worry about everyone else. I'd add the cheers plan too. Only you can say if it is worth it to you.