2-3 night stay in London

DonnaGeoff

Congratulations! You will love London

Transportation: a private car hire is similar in price to 2 Heathrow express tickets. We used justairports dot com It s a very welcome site to exit the arrivals hall and find a driver holding a piece of paper with your name on it.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi, I just checked out the justairports.com site. I'm curious about something becausel I don't know the codes for London. It lists parts of London with designations of W, SW, E, EC, etc. I'll need a ride from the airport to my hotel near the Eye. Is that East, West, Center London? This is probably something I'll reserve if the price is reasonable. I've never been met at the airport with someone holding up a sign for me. It sounds kind of cool!

Hi, I just checked out the justairports.com site. I'm curious about something becausel I don't know the codes for London. It lists parts of London with designations of W, SW, E, EC, etc. I'll need a ride from the airport to my hotel near the Eye. Is that East, West, Center London? This is probably something I'll reserve if the price is reasonable. I've never been met at the airport with someone holding up a sign for me. It sounds kind of cool!

The code should be located next to the address of your hotel. Then you should be able to match it with one in the drop down list from justairports. For example the code for the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge is SE1 7UT.

Yes, it is kinda cool, but also a big welcome after a long flight. And they will find the hotel for you.

I know what you mean. I've been looking at British Airport Transfers - both from the airport to our hotel and then from the hotel to Southampton. Not exactly cheap but a lot more convenient, I think. I thought about taking the train to Southampton but then we would probably still have to take a taxi to the train station and then from the station in Southampton to the ship so that would wipe out some of the savings.

Hi, I just checked out the justairports.com site. I'm curious about something becausel I don't know the codes for London. It lists parts of London with designations of W, SW, E, EC, etc. I'll need a ride from the airport to my hotel near the Eye. Is that East, West, Center London?

W, SW, etc. refer to postcodes, a map of which can be found here. It's easy enough to find your postcode area, just look at your hotel's address and the first half of the postcode will give it to you.

The code should be located next to the address of your hotel. Then you should be able to match it with one in the drop down list from justairports. For example the code for the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge is SE1 7UT.

Yes, it is kinda cool, but also a big welcome after a long flight. And they will find the hotel for you.

Thanks. Actually that's the hotel I need to get to.

We will want to do the usual tourist trips but plan on spending a few days at the National Archives in Kew....

I

Can I advise you to read the 'Before you visit' section on the Home Page of the National Archives website : http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk to make sure you have all the necessary documentation to be able to view any records which interest you. I have seen many people disappointed because they haven't got the necessary ID with them.

You won't need these if you wish to view the LDS Family History records held in London though, although you can order specific records in advance. You may already know that they are still at Kew and are so helpful.

Not budget, but simply the nicest, most welcoming hotel in the capital, with the most obliging staff. The Montague on the Gardens is close to the British Museum and walkable to Covent Garden, Shaftesbury Avenue and is served by Russell Square tube station. We always stay here, we have tried others but this is the one we always return to.

http://www.montaguehotel.com/microsites/free-breakfast?gclid=CLyC-I6w7rkCFRMftAodVU8A5g

They serve a wonderful afternoon tea too!

Congratulations! You will love London

Transportation: a private car hire is similar in price to 2 Heathrow express tickets. We used justairports dot com It s a very welcome site to exit the arrivals hall and find a driver holding a piece of paper with your name on it.

Attractions: that really depends on what u want to do. The Tower of London is really a must see. Buckingham Palace of course.

This is what we did last year, just some of what we considered highlights. Yours may be different.

I would say this was moderately busy but not crazy.

Day 1: HOHO with original tours. Got a walking tour with a guide to Buckingham Palace nighttime: London Dinner cruise(fabulous)

Day 2: Royal Day Out: tours Queen's Gallery, Royal Mews and Buckingham Palace ( tours of the palace itself are not currently available in June) nighttime: London Eye

Day 3;British Museum, night time: " Ceremony of the Keys" at the Tower of London.

Day 4: Tower of London, Thames River cruise.

Check out London Pass dot com, not necessarily buy one but read some of the descriptions. Rick Steves book very helpful as well.

Have fun planning.

You're definitely on the right track in your planning! Here's my 2 cents based in lots of research prior to a 5 night stay in October and our experiences in London:

Check Rick Steves excellent audio tours (available with the free Rick Steves Audio Europe app)

Purchase an Oyster card in advance for the Tube then no waiting in line and dealing with pounds - it will be mailed to your home.

http://visitorshop.tfl.gov.uk/home.html?atr=152fc97cddd13cc0da242ca0bc809d2089d3dcf04c611c410a241ca11d00fd213ac42c60fc4fdd5fd6735ca03acac9

Don't miss the Churchill Museum and War Rooms - wish we had stayed longer - an extremely well done homage to an incredible statesman.

London pass is well worth it if you plan to visit several sights - just make sure you can fit them all in 3 days!

Don't miss the yeoman warder tours at Tower of London - extremely knowledgeable and fun.

Look for evening hours at some of the major museums to extend your sightseeing options (Rick Steves has a list in his London guidebook)

Edited by librarylady19