Terminal Liquor Store San Juan

pthjudy

We are sailing on the Jewel on Saturday armed with cork screw (don't like the ones stewards offer). I've read that there is a liquor store in the Pan American terminal where the Jewel docks. Where is the store? Do you check in first? Do they carry inexpensive and moderately priced wines? On our last cruise (Oceania) the steward gave us wine glasses every day. If I ask, will our Jewel steward do as well? Thanks for any information!

We are sailing on the Jewel on Saturday armed with cork screw (don't like the ones stewards offer). I've read that there is a liquor store in the Pan American terminal where the Jewel docks. Where is the store? Do you check in first? Do they carry inexpensive and moderately priced wines? On our last cruise (Oceania) the steward gave us wine glasses every day. If I ask, will our Jewel steward do as well? Thanks for any information!

You can go to the duty free store after security and check-in. They do carry wine, but not very many selections. We bought a case of bottled water there and were able to being it on the ship without a problem.

Edited by clarea

Hi Judy! Looks like we are on the same sailing! We have a roll call thread if you want to meet some of the others sailing with us http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1985977

We are staying pre-cruise in Old San Juan and we were planning on stopping by a store on the way to the ship. If there is a store near there that would really help.

You can have your cab driver stop at a CVS store before going to the terminal.

Yeah, we were thinking that. I originally thought we would be at the pier in Old San Juan and figured I would hit the CVS after I boarded. Then I saw we were at the other terminal so I got concerned.

We are doing b2bs on Jewel beginning Aug 23rd. I was thinking about picking up water, maybe a case, and taking it on board. Would I have issues doing that?

Probably not an issue. We did a B2B on Adventure earlier this year. Took a case of water on before the first cruise, and another case between cruises.