Anybody been on the Coral Princess

hollon

What are you thoughts on the Coral Princess compared to the Voyager class and up on Royal Caribbean, any advice/opinions, etc., thanks

Coral is 90,000 GRT, same volume as a Radiance class ship. These babies are useful for Panama Canal transits.

B2B, 14 days, on Coral Princess last year doing the Alaska inward passage. Lovely ship and great crew. Food superior to RCI in MDR and buffet. Good entertainment in the small venues but RCI better with theater production shows. The entertainment performers have probably changed by now.

Definite difference in the feel of the ship compared to Radiance/Vision class when walking through the ship, but still a great experience in our opinion. The Voyager/Freedom class are totally different, as they are compared to Radiance/Vision. And Oasis/Allure are in a class of their own.

We are at their elite level, so some or our experience might be different than yours, similar to being Diamond or D+ on RCI. The Coral is similar to all of the other Princess ships except the newer Royal and Regal. The Chef's Table puts Royal's and Celebrity's to shame. The best we have ever experienced. Late night piano entertainment in Crooners Bar is better than most on RCI except for Kelly Goodridge when he's in the Schooner Bar.

We never hesitate to take a appropriately priced Princess cruise.

Edited by Tagsalong

We took the Coral Princess through the Panama Canal. It was a great time, and i would put them right behind my favorite, RCCL. The staff was very attentive, food was great (after dinner shots not up to par :) ) We will definitely sail with them again...if the opportunity arises.

Great to know! What kind of cabins did you stay in? I'm leaning to splurge and get a vista suite or a minisuite for sure. Would you say the vista suite is like a JS on royal caribbean or a grand suite?

Great to know! What kind of cabins did you stay in? I'm leaning to splurge and get a vista suite or a minisuite for sure. Would you say the vista suite is like a JS on royal caribbean or a grand suite?
The mini-suites on Princess are somewhat similar to a RCI JS in stateroom and balcony size, but with a different layout, usually with a sofa bed and a second TV. We like the Coral's aft Caribe deck mini-suites, and the open back deck that is usually empty. Edited by taxatty

I made a video tour of a mini-suite on the Coral Princess. You can view it at

The first half of the video shows a regular balcony cabin, and the second part of the video shows you a mini-suite.

Also, if you're thinking of cruising to Alaska on the Coral Princess, take a look at http://www.jimzim.net/CoralPrincess.html

I've been on both the Coral Princess and the Mariner of the Seas. Both were excellent cruises on fine ships. But the ships are quite different. The Mariner of the Seas was one "Wow" after another. From the Royal Promenade, to the ice skating rink, to the three story Main Dining Room. Whimsical artwork all over the ship. We had a great time on the Mariner, and would gladly go back on her.

The Coral Princess has a completely different feel. It's a much small ship, with intimate public rooms. A more quiet, subdued experience overall. I think that as long as go with different expectations, you'll enjoy the Coral Princess.

Thanks loved the video/pictures. So, I'm calling my TA today and there is a minisuite on the dolphin deck, is it uncovered???? I know there use to be a website of the deck plans, but were those taken down? Sorry, for all the questions. W/ my TA we usually correspond through email.

Thanks loved the video/pictures. So, I'm calling my TA today and there is a minisuite on the dolphin deck, is it uncovered???? I know there use to be a website of the deck plans, but were those taken down? Sorry, for all the questions. W/ my TA we usually correspond through email.

I know from experience (2 cruises on the Coral, 1 on its sister ship the Island) that the aft mini-suites in the 700 series on Dolphin have fully covered balconies. Love them!