Anthem 9/23 to Bermuda. Thoughts on impact of Tropical Storm/Hurricane Jose?

Doc2725

But would't it have dissipated by that point? Its showing as a category 2 between US and Bermuda on Monday... even if it come up the northeast corridor, it would be at most a tropical storm by then?

No way to tell what it would be by then.

Aren't we talking about the September 23rd cruise to Bermuda? By Monday, you are in Bermuda.

No way to tell what it would be by then.

Aren't we talking about the September 23rd cruise to Bermuda? By Monday, you are in Bermuda.

It is the potential for extremely rough seas, and not being able to get back for awhile that is the concern. No one wants a repeat of Anthem's 2015 cruise from hell.

It is the potential for extremely rough seas, and not being able to get back for awhile that is the concern. No one wants a repeat of Anthem's 2015 cruise from hell.

We were on Anthem Sept 2016, also a 5 night Bermuda cruise, that had to dodge the leftovers of a hurricane with similar timing. We left Bayonne and went straight out east instead of going the usual route. They had planned to go across the top of the storm and then turn south after it passed. Well, when we turned south, the storm jogged at us and we had very rough seas. We ended up in Bermuda a little late.

Maria seems to be farther south currently than the storm that we had to deal with, so hopefully, that gives you more time to go across the top.

I am outside Boston and the long range forecast has Maria off Massachusetts, or even a little farther north, next Wednesday (Sept 27).

If you were to head to Canada instead of Bermuda, you would be coming directly through the remnants of Maria as you try to get to Bayonne on September 28.

I would be more concerned with Jose at this point as its cone has now turned into a blob and it locks like it wants to sit and spin off the coast. Anthem still needs to get through that to Bayonne for your sailing.

I was fine, with no meds

Correction, I remember I did take Bonine.

I see the problems as, Anthem getting in on time, then us being able to get OUT of port on Saturday afternoon, THEN getting back in on Thursday the 28th (but I wouldn't mind an extra day on a cruise :D!).

It's going to change over the next 48 hours, we shall see.

But Bermuda would be great if we can still get there!

We were on Anthem Sept 2016, also a 5 night Bermuda cruise, that had to dodge the leftovers of a hurricane with similar timing. We left Bayonne and went straight out east instead of going the usual route. They had planned to go across the top of the storm and then turn south after it passed. Well, when we turned south, the storm jogged at us and we had very rough seas. We ended up in Bermuda a little late.

Maria seems to be farther south currently than the storm that we had to deal with, so hopefully, that gives you more time to go across the top.

I am outside Boston and the long range forecast has Maria off Massachusetts, or even a little farther north, next Wednesday (Sept 27).

If you were to head to Canada instead of Bermuda, you would be coming directly through the remnants of Maria as you try to get to Bayonne on September 28.

I would be more concerned with Jose at this point as its cone has now turned into a blob and it locks like it wants to sit and spin off the coast. Anthem still needs to get through that to Bayonne for your sailing.

I don't care where the ship goes as long as the seas are not rough. I have been on anthem before and couldn't take even 1 day of troughs seas. I don't care if anthem sits in port at bayonne, once your on the ship that's fine with me.

I don't care where the ship goes as long as the seas are not rough. I have been on anthem before and couldn't take even 1 day of troughs seas. I don't care if anthem sits in port at bayonne, once your on the ship that's fine with me.

If you can't take rough seas, cruising during the height of hurricane season might not be the best choice. With the storms that are out there, you are certainly not going to have flat, calm seas. Jose seems to want to sit and spin. The forecasts have it possibly affecting Maria. Time will tell.

But would't it have dissipated by that point? Its showing as a category 2 between US and Bermuda on Monday... even if it come up the northeast corridor, it would be at most a tropical storm by then?

You do realize though, that a tropical storm can have sustained winds of up to 73 mph, right? Try sailing through the heart of winds like that, and you'll almost certainly develop a healthier respect for what a tropical storm can be like.

You do realize though, that a tropical storm can have sustained winds of up to 73 mph, right? Try sailing through the heart of winds like that, and you'll almost certainly develop a healthier respect for what a tropical storm can be like.

I guess but in comparison to a category 2 hurricane I'm a little less concerned.

I didn't get nervous until today. Maria is scaring the hell out of me, getting back to NJ :( ugh this sucks!

I'm feeling the same way. They haven't decided yet where Maria is going to go next and have a hard time predicting into next week, when we'll be coming home. The weather channel is showing 3 or 4 scenarios. It can go here if this happens, or there if that happens. The weather in Bermuda isn't looking good for when we're supposed to be there, according to my weather bug! haha

I'd like to hear RCI say something, anything, about our cruise. Maybe today's update will include Anthem!

The problem is, if it doesn't go there it has to go to NE and Canada (for those of you who don't know, by law a cruise ship HAS to go to a foreign port, hence Canada) I mean the weather is no better there! Let's do a cruise to no where where there are no hurricanes, is that even possible right now? Going to suck if we don't go to Bermuda :( Even though I go every year, I would still miss it. I've been doing Bermuda is September the last 9 years, only once it was diverted and that an NCL cruise that just sucked the entire time.

The problem is, if it doesn't go there it has to go to NE and Canada (for those of you who don't know, by law a cruise ship HAS to go to a foreign port, hence Canada) I mean the weather is no better there! Let's do a cruise to no where where there are no hurricanes, is that even possible right now? Going to suck if we don't go to Bermuda :( Even though I go every year, I would still miss it. I've been doing Bermuda is September the last 9 years, only once it was diverted and that an NCL cruise that just sucked the entire time.

You can't do a cruise to no where, you have to go to a foreign port. Whether you go to Canada or Bermuda, at least one, if not both of the storms are going to be an issue.

Hopefully, Anthem can come down from Canada as planned so you all can leave on Saturday and try to get out to calmer waters as quickly as possible.

You can't do a cruise to no where, you have to go to a foreign port. Whether you go to Canada or Bermuda, at least one, if not both of the storms are going to be an issue.

Hopefully, Anthem can come down from Canada as planned so you all can leave on Saturday and try to get out to calmer waters as quickly as possible.

They used to do them up until a few years ago. Now they legally can't. Really stupid.

Here is an article about it. Gotta love regulation, what load of garbage.

http://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Customs-says-cruises-to-nowhere-were-never-legal

I read on another thread that people on the ship now are hearing rumors no Bermuda for us. Don't know how true that is. Heard Nova Scotia and Canada

I bet there are consecutive cruisers wondering where they are going next. It would be okay with me if we went north and avoided all that rough weather and seas. I hope they let us know today though, one way or the other!

i know i know, I said that! I was being funny

I know, I was kidding