Booked our 1st cruise and now very worried!!

kellyvs

Hi All,

I booked my first cruise before Christmas travelling on the Arcadia (P&O), 17 nights in August 2013 sailing from Southampton around the Med.

Since booking I have read some awful reviews of the Arcadia and I am now really worried that we have made a big, expensive mistake.

We have paid a lot of money but it was to celebrate my fiftieth birthday so we thought it would be worth it. Booked it through Thomas Cook who recommended this cruise as the Strictly Come Dancing team are on and when I looked at the brochure it all looked fab.

Having read some of the reviews it does not sound like the luxury cruise that the agent made out it was and it seems that it has been plagued with the 'Arcadia cough'.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi All,

I booked my first cruise before Christmas travelling on the Arcadia (P&O), 17 nights in August 2013 sailing from Southampton around the Med.

Since booking I have read some awful reviews of the Arcadia and I am now really worried that we have made a big, expensive mistake.

We have paid a lot of money but it was to celebrate my fiftieth birthday so we thought it would be worth it. Booked it through Thomas Cook who recommended this cruise as the Strictly Come Dancing team are on and when I looked at the brochure it all looked fab.

Having read some of the reviews it does not sound like the luxury cruise that the agent made out it was and it seems that it has been plagued with the 'Arcadia cough'.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

A lot of reviews are very subjective . I've read two reviews about the same cruise , both where totally different one loved the cruise the other hated it.

Go on the cruise with an open mind and plan to enjoy it . Since this your first you can't compare to another cruise. Everything will be new and interesting. Assume you are going to a 4 star all inclusive land resort except except it floats.

I usually throw out the 5 "terrible" cruise reviews and the 5 "best ever" reviews. The truth is usually somewhere in between. As stated, the success of a cruise is very subjective. Some people get all worked up over the littlest of issues and dwell on that so much it ruins the good time they are actually having. Don't worry. Relax and enjoy your cruise but try not to let the little things get you all out of sorts.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

kellyvs, you're going to be fine.

Remember, cruising is not a "cookie cutter" experience. It is what you make it. Part of the fun of cruising is that you get to customize it according to the things you enjoy. Embrace the fun activities and the new adventures with an open mind, and pretty soon you'll be hooked like the rest of us.

Good luck, and have fun on your cruise!

Archived