New to Cunard - what are differences from P&O?

Traderboy

Yes, QM2 now has kettles in the cabins, they are being added to the other ships.

Are you positive about this? It's a facility we appreciate, and in advance of a QV cruise soon have checked it out with Cunard in Australia. They were quite adamant that kettles aren't provided or allowed in cabins.

Edited by James Coulton
spelling mistake

Are you positive about this? It's a facility we appreciate, and in advance of a QV cruise soon have checked it out with Cunard in Australia. They were quite adamant that kettles aren't provided or allowed in cabins.

see

https://ask.cunard.com/help/fleet/tea_coffee

On QM2 they have been placed in staterooms and will be across the fleet after refits of the other two ships in 2017

IMG_1097.jpg.29937380c7459285b215c5d895404a72.jpg

Edited by Pennbank

Yes, Tea making facilities are now available in all staterooms on QM2. ( since the new refit)

They will be available on Q.Victoria after the next refit and only when the TVs have been wall mounted. (the area/space where the TVs are at the moment is needed for the kettle/tea making amenities etc.

The funny thing is, the TVs on the Q. Elizabeth are already wall mounted but Cunard haven't provided the kettles. I guess they must be waiting until after the Q.Vic refit, perhaps they want to see consistency between the two vista class ships.:confused:

Really pleased about the kettles on QM2. Don't want to bother with room service at 0700.

Can someone please remind me what plugs are available and where they are situated.

We usually bring a 4-gang adapter for the English 13amp plug, if there is one.

After that I guess we need US type adapters don't we?

What about the bathroom - is there a British standard razor point?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Traderboy

Really pleased about the kettles on QM2. Don't want to bother with room service at 0700.

Can someone please remind me what plugs are available and where they are situated.

Two UK and Two American type sockets on the Dressing Table in a standard Stateroom.

The Shower room does have a shaver point on the light fitting above the sink.

If your shaver does not fit then The Pursers Desk usually have an adapter they will loan you.

IMG_9507.jpg.804b8f673085961c9b035be496d3c7c8.jpg

Edited by Pennbank

Two UK and Two American type sockets on the Dressing Table in a standard Stateroom.

If your shaver does not fit then The Pursers Desk usually have an adapter they will loan you.

A clearer picture

1573153791_ScreenShot2016-08-13at11_23_24.jpg.c5b1cd0782f4b7b7393c33eac15d0bc3.jpg

Yes there is a UK outlet. A 4 gang extension would be all you would need. My UK razor would not fit the bathroom point (yes there was one) the pursers could not help with an adapter when I asked.

Hope that helps.

David.

Edited by balf

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pennbank View Post

A clearer picture

also picture of a similar adapter I had on loan from the Pursers Desk. I bought mine whilst in NY.In case they ran out.

IMG_0064.jpg.7b470d0f9f096afb8648e062d0779301.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg.18eb7c6692dc014caa0f42b78dad223d.jpg

Edited by Pennbank

There are two more American sockets in the corner behind where the TV used to be (one of them was unused when the TV was there).

Can others please say whether they have experienced vibrations and indeed why this vibration is happening....[/i][/i].

Just back from Aug 1st crossing and did notice the low (bass) end vibration mid ships. On deck 3 it can be felt just before coming to Sir Samuels. I did feel it also walking the aisle on deck 6 I think around high 6100 or beginning 6200. I would not want a stateroom in that vicinity. Did not notice on the crossing we made last year prior to the remastering.