Celebrity Solstice South Pacific Picture Highlights

Aza1972

I noticed the picture of sushi bar....is that available daily or just at certain times?

From memory the sushi bar was available every night. I am not sure about lunch time. I am not a sushi fan but it certainly looked very fresh and impressive

• 1 month later...
I noticed the picture of sushi bar....is that available daily or just at certain times?

The sushi is every day, it's in the buffet and only at dinner time, from about 5pm. We'd go and have a sushi starter while we fed our son his dinner in the buffet, then drop son off to kids club to go to MDR for dinner.

and a little more to wet your appetite

Very well done, gives us a good idea of what we can look forward to! Love your work, despite the YouTube police's comment, lol.

• 3 months later...

THanks for sharing your videos, its looks a great cruise and destination. We are travelling in November, cant wait . How you guys rate the Train shore excusion in Noumea, and when it shops at the shopping centre do you get time to shop or is it just a drop off and you make your own way back to the ship?

How you guys rate the Train shore excusion in Noumea, and when it shops at the shopping centre do you get time to shop or is it just a drop off and you make your own way back to the ship?

We did the Tchou Tchou ship excursion in Noumea a few years ago. It was great, especially with kids. English speaking guide ex-Aussie too. We drove around the main sights then up a hill where we stopped and got out, they supplied pastries and drinks and we took in the views. A second stop later at a popular statue (maybe church? Sorry it was a while ago). Then back down the hill and were dropped off in the shopping district where we shopped then made our own way back to the ship.

Appreciate your video postings!! They bring back nice memories from a year and a half ago in doing wonderful Sydney, being on the Solstice, etc. Our 14-day cruise traveled to Tasmania and up the scenic coast of New Zealand. For the future, we will need to do more of these spectacular South Pacific areas.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 120,799 views for this posting.

THanks for sharing your videos, its looks a great cruise and destination. We are travelling in November, cant wait . How you guys rate the Train shore excusion in Noumea, and when it shops at the shopping centre do you get time to shop or is it just a drop off and you make your own way back to the ship?

At the cruise terminal are two Tchou Tchou trains. A Yellow one and a Green one. Apparently there is also a white one somewhere as well. The Yellow one is contracted to the Cruise Line and the Green one privately operated. Last December we took the Yellow one because we were unaware of the Green one. The trip is around 90 minutes on the Yellow one , a little shorter on the Green one apparently. The Yellow train offers a pastry and a cold drink up by the statue of the Virgin Mary which is also a great viewing point. The Yellow train also stops beside the Army Communications facility because it provides a great view of the Lagoon. The Yellow trains back in December cost $US65 booked through the ship. The Green train $Aust 42 booked at the cruise terminal. No drink or pastry on the Green train, bit shorter but a significant price saving. Had I known about the green Tchou Tchou train I would have used it instead of the Yellow one.