So everyday they try to eat healthy and lose

If they eat right and exercise and don't snooze

Plus every Thursday morning they come in to weigh

On the 'Lose Before You Cruise" and hope the scale goes their way

If you do all these things every day, week and year

Your weight goal will get very near

One day you will be at your 'goal weight"

Oh won't that be...SO GREAT

Wow - would I love to finally get to my goal weight! Thanks for the poem Belle - hope everything is ok with you this week. Thinking good thoughts for you and your family.

I am down 1.4# this week (still up 8.6# from my lowest ... but hoping that next week continues to show losses). I have a family reunion in July and am hoping to get back down before we go.

Have a good week everyone. Jan

Amen Belle!

I know a bunch of strangers on a website can only do so much, but know we have you in our thoughts and prayers and I look forward to the smile I get every Thursday morning when I open the new thread and read your thoughtful poem.

Down 2lbs to 204, but I don't know why this go around is so hard to not crash and burn every night. My saving grace currently is I go out and swim instead of eat more after dinner.

Good job Jan!

OK lurkers, nobody knows who you are here - so ante up and join in and together we'll have some fun kicking blubber's a$$!

Oh my goodness, I have gained 10 pounds in the last 2 weeks! :eek: Guess that's what I get for no longer being depressed, LOL! I'm only actually 5 pounds up from my normal weight, since I lost an extra 5 with my bout of mini-depression a few weeks ago, but still -- yikes!

I would rather weigh 125 and feel happy than 115 and feel miserable. I do need to start getting back to my normal habits; I have just REALLY been enjoying my summer so far. I enjoy taking my kids out for ice cream and a trip to the pool rather than ignoring them while I work out. And I enjoy having a glass of wine while I watch the sunset from my hot tub. And I like not turning down party invitations just because the number on the scale is higher than I want it to be. I do want to get back under 120 before my cruise, but right now my motivation is nowhere to be found.

Congrats Jan & shootr on your weight loss! Hopefully next week, I'll be able to post a loss too (or at least not another massive gain)!

I missed what's going on with you Belle, but I hope things get better for you soon!

Hi Everyone,

Good and bad news......

Good, I lost a lb. Surprised I did.

Bad, I'm losing something else.....my job. I've been a buyer for a large winery for 15 years. They owned other wineries and recently have sold them off so there is only the main one left and not enough work for my job. The last one was sold last month so my position is being elminated as of June 30th.

Oh crap. On top of it, I'm 50+, aka "old" so we know how that goes in the job hunt.

At least they gave me a month's notice.

Jan and Shootr, good on the losses. Perky Blue, gee I would have to cut off both my legs to be your weight. You're doing great, don't sweat it.

Have a good week. Diana

Thanks for the poem, Belle.

Great job Jan and shootr.

Diana, I am so sorry about your job. What a scary feeling.

perkyblue, I am glad that you are no longer depressed. You are still at a good weight so don't worry.

I am down 2 lbs this week. Six weeks until my cruise and I have 5.5 lbs to go to my final goal weight.

Rose

Cute poems!!! Definitely keeps me motivated reading them! BTW, I think everyone on this thread is doing an outstanding job! Considering the ass circumstances in our lives we are STILL here and making an effort to live healthy! That is truly inspiring. Hang in there everyone!

Another 2 pounds down this week for a total of 10 pounds in 4 weeks!

weight.png

Edited by bdever