Breeze Port Change Starting in June

tammi0916

Just got the attached letter saying that my upcoming cruise on the Breeze is changing the Falmouth Port to Ocho Rios in Jamaica and all shore excursion for Falmouth will be refunded and need to be rebooked. I think this is a good thing but not sure we were planning on doing Dunn River Falls so it will alteast be closer but hate that everything has to be rebooked.

Here is the Carnival Letter:

Carnival

CARNWALBREEZE-PORTCHANGE

06/28/2015,07/1212015,07/26/2015,

09/20/2015, 10/04/2015,01/24/2016, 03/06/2016

May 21,2015

Greetings folks!

We're sure you must be excited about your upcoming cruise. So, we'd like to take a moment to provide you some information regarding our itinerary for your sailing on the Carnival Breeze.

Due to operational considerations, we have replaced our call to Falmouth, Jamaica with a visit to beautiful Ocho Rios, Jamaica.

We're sure you will love Ocho Rios! From Dunn's River Falls, featuring a 600-foot natural staircase of cascading water, to the natural beauty of Shaw Park Botanical Gardens, which offers 32 acres of indigenous trees, flowers and shrubs, and even picturesque streams and waterfalls. There are lots of natural wonder for everyone to enjoy. Not to mention, plenty of opportunities for diving, sailing and golfing.

Below is the revised itinerary:

Day Port of Call Arrive Depart

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat

Miami, FL

Fun Day@ Sea

Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands

Cozumel, Mexico Fun Day@ Sea Miami, FL

8:00AM

10:00 AM

4:00PM

6:00PM

Pre-purchased shore excursions for Falmouth will be automatically refunded to the original form of payment. Please visit carnival.com so you can get started planning your activities and purchase fun tours for Ocho Rios.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

We're looking forward to welcoming you aboard the Carnival Breeze for a FUN and memorable cruise vacation.

Sincerely,

Arlene Marichal

Sr. Director, Solutions and Special Services

I haven't been to Falmouth, but have been to Ocho Rios. We the Breeze in February and Falmouth is one of our ports. Since the letter didn't say our date I assume we are still going there? I hope so because like I said we've been to Ocho Rios and I like to see new ports.

Having said that we had the most fun when we went to Ocho Rios. Dunn's River falls was one of the most fun things we've ever done.

Dunns river falls.. been there did that... to me, that is a once and done, even though it was fun. I was planning on going to Montego Bay from Falmouth... guess that's out now as it is too far... disappointed in this change:rolleyes:

Weird... I checked as soon as I saw this post this morning. I checked the website and saw we were still in Falmouth in Nov. Shortly after I got an email about a change. (Website still shows Falmouth)

Our November cruise has been moved to Montego Bay.

I'm remembering though that they stopped doing Jamaica completely for awhile right? We did Ocho Rios a few times many years ago and then it seemed like they left that island of the route for awhile.

Edited by jdcml

too many ships in port... wish they would have changed us to Montego Bay... never been there:rolleyes:

Actually, it appears that Breeze is the only ship in port on June 30th. I still haven't received any notification and my cruise manager still lists Falmouth as a port. Hmm... I was really looking forward to the Culinary Tour :(

Well - They still have an excursion to Dunns from Montego...

"Take a wonderful scenic 2-hour drive past some of Jamaica’s most beautiful villages, resorts, vacation homes and historical attractions." :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I vaguely recall our last Jamaica stop 15+ years ago and I'm not so sure I want to look at the scenery for 4 hours that day. The thought of being in that 15 passenger little mini-bus likely in the back seat, with no air, with young kids, that are bored, and possibly car sick, and then wet from the falls, and tired, and ... Anyway guess I'll start looking for something else :p

Dunns river falls.. been there did that... to me, that is a once and done, even though it was fun. I was planning on going to Montego Bay from Falmouth... guess that's out now as it is too far... disappointed in this change:rolleyes:

Dunns River falls was great to do but agree one and done, my knees couldnt take it again. Wonder why they are doing this/

I also received this email for our October 4th cruise. I'm happy with the change as I was struggling to find something to do in Falmouth that was close by. We've been to both Falmouth and Ocho Rios before but Ocho Rios is an easier port to do things from (closer beaches, shops, attractions, etc.). So, I'm happy with the change.

I also received this email for our October 4th cruise. I'm happy with the change as I was struggling to find something to do in Falmouth that was close by. We've been to both Falmouth and Ocho Rios before but Ocho Rios is an easier port to do things from (closer beaches, shops, attractions, etc.). So, I'm happy with the change.

Totally agree. We received the email also this morning and were delighted of the change. Never been to Ocho Rios but heard there are more things to do there than Falmouth.

How did you receive this letter? We're on the June 28 sailing and I've not gotten this notification.

It was sent via email. We are also on the June 28th sailing for our destination wedding and I now have to change wedding plans.

Just spoke with my TA and she received the email. I know that Carnival has the right to change ports, don't cruise for the ports, blah, blah, blah.. There is absolutely nothing that interests me in Ocho Rios. Oh, well.

too many ships in port... wish they would have changed us to Montego Bay... never been there:rolleyes:

I wish they would have changed to Montego Bay as well given my wedding is there on June 30th because the drive from Falmouth is only 30 or so minutes away. Now in the process of finding out how this will affect our destination wedding, our 10 guests cruising with us and the 4 that have made accomodations in Montego Bay.

I'm on the 5/31/15 Breeze 6 day and received the same type e-mail today, only we are going to Montego Bay instead of Falmouth. Same "operational considerations" cited as the reason. All excursions at Falmouth cancelled and credited.

I would keep an eye as you get closer to your departure. We were on the Breeze in April and a couple months before, we got an email that they were switching from Ocho to Falmouth (or Montego Bay, cant remember now). A week or so later after everyone was scrambling to change excursions etc, it was mysteriously switched back. On their website, some people saw the change on their itineraries and some didn't. Never found out why that happened but food for thought anyway.

I would be happy with that change. We've been to both ports and there really wasn't anything at all to do in Falmouth, unless you wanted to venture far out. Just the small shopping area inside the port and for the most part, all of the stores were the usual. It's one of the few ports we stay on the ship.

That's the problem with us. Nothing in Ocho Rios looks good. I have no interest in shopping and Dunn's River Falls, the Blue Hole have no appeal either. The ONE thing I really wanted to do on this cruise was the culinary tour. I'll keep looking, maybe something will catch my eye.