San Diego cruises

lbfluffy

You're welcome & living in the LA area wish there were more SD options to try Celebrity or maybe HAL.

All of our various Princess OBCs make them our most cost-effective cruise line that provides an experience we enjoy. We'd like to try Celebrity but not going to pay significantly more for an experience that friends tell me is not significantly different.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately, almost nothing embarks from SD anymore.

But~~~~HAL is bringing the Westerdam to home port here and do the MR itin's. We already have one booked.

Every once in awhile NCL will have a ship doing the MR itin's. NCL has THE best suite package, I would book those in a heartbeat.

CCL departs from Long Beach, and Princess, and some NCL, occasionally RCI, depart from San Pedro.

Patti

There was an article in the local newspaper a few days ago saying that they are 'hopeful' that there will be more cruises out of San Diego, partly because there is a perception that the situation in Mexico is stabilizing. Here's a link:

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2015/oct/12/sandiego-tourism-cruise-ships/

I'll believe it when I see it, but there are some good signs. We've done a couple of local cruises, the most recent an RCI repositioning cruise in May on the Jewel of the Seas, ending in Vancouver. It's a lovely itinerary and there are usually several similar ones on various cruise lines in May and in September in the reverse direction. Go to any of the major online cruise travel agencies and do a search where you can input 'Departure Port" as well as any other criteria that are important to you.