Jacksonville-PreCruise Question-Hotel-Parking!!

soapbxking

Howdy all. I am looking at booking the Elation out of Jacksonville. Never sailed from there before. I would drive down and am looking for a hotel close to the port, not breaking the bank, that I could park the car at(also not wanting to break the bank) ANy suggestions. Just need clean as it is my son and I. Would also be needing shuttle to and from hotel. I have searched the boards and found minimal info so far and most is a bit old. Thanks in advance!!:cool:

http://www.parkingstay.com/p/jacksonville.html

We've used the Hampton Inn Airport and the Hyatt Place Airport. Both were clean and safe and our car was fine when we returned. However, I do not think the Hyatt Place has a park n cruise package any longer. I mention it only because we have used it before a cruise out of Jax.

I would not recommend the Comfort Suites Airport. We stayed there on the way home from Miami in February and it was run down and had stranger characters running up and down the halls yelling at each other all night.

Have a great cruise!

Edited by Gypsywych
additions

In April I stayed at Quality Inn Jax Airport and nice hotel with great restaurant right next door and they offer cruise package and also parking for your cruise. Really nice hotel.

I would check out the Jacksonville Plaza Hotel. It's a smallish room but we have had great luck staying there twice. The rate is approximately $80 a night. Right down the road is a shopping center with a Walmart and lots of restaurants. I don't know if they still do, but they used to allow you to park your vehicle there for the entire cruise at no charge. They offer a shuttle service and the port is only about 10 minutes away.