Mediterranean Odyssey 2018 Cruises Not Posted?

philw1776

The 2017 Mar, Apr, and Oct cruises are booked, as expected. Unfortunately only a Mar cruise is listed for 2018. Many other cruises, e.g. Viking Homelands, have listings throughout the 2018 year posted. What is happening? Is Viking no longer offering this popular (booked) cruise?

Edited by philw1776

I asked a couple of months ago when they'd be released - the answer was Feb-May timeframe.

Thanks for the info. When I called January 10, 2017, the Viking rep was clueless, even after he checked into it. I guess for some unknown reason this particular cruise itinerary is held up relative to most others which have been posted well thru 2018 since November at least.

I'm a redhead and therefore impatient. :p

• 2 months later...
Thanks for the info. When I called January 10, 2017, the Viking rep was clueless, even after he checked into it. I guess for some unknown reason this particular cruise itinerary is held up relative to most others which have been posted well thru 2018 since November at least.

I'm a redhead and therefore impatient. :p

I had the same experience with a Viking rep. Said that March was the only date offered in 2017 and 2018!

I had the same experience with a Viking rep. Said that March was the only date offered in 2017 and 2018!

So, what's the story? Is that IT for 2018? Viking told me they'd post the schedule later but I do not believe it. :rolleyes:

Looks like only ONE Med Odyssey cruise in 2018, and it's booked.

Puzzled that it's not offered because all the prior cruises for this route booked so quickly I couldn't get a cabin.

I really like the route because it hits several places I haven't been but really want to see, plus a couple revisits I'd like.:(

So, what's the story? Is that IT for 2018? Viking told me they'd post the schedule later but I do not believe it. :rolleyes:

Looks like only ONE Med Odyssey cruise in 2018, and it's booked.

Puzzled that it's not offered because all the prior cruises for this route booked so quickly I couldn't get a cabin.

I really like the route because it hits several places I haven't been but really want to see, plus a couple revisits I'd like.:(

I just received a reply back from another thread that I had asked a question about dates opening up and this is the reply I got back:

"I booked the March 2017 sailing on 6/1/16. I saw on 10/15/16 that an October 2017 sailing was added, so I called and had our reservation changed over. When I first booked the rep suggested that I look online to see new sailing dates".

Hope this helps philw. I know I for sure will be checking daily for more dates to open up. I'll post a thread as soon as I see anything open up for 2018. Too bad the March 2018 sailing is sold out or we could have done the same thing that the poster above did.

I really find it amazing that Viking can figure out what itineraries will continue to be popular a year or more in advance. Not only pick certain ports, but then figure out all the stuff that goes along with it from ports, crew, tour arrangements, logistics, and the like. Then hope to hell they can sell them and fill the ship without watching millions of dollars go down the drain.

Just a casual thought from someone that rarely books anything more than 3-4 months out. I know, I know others do book a year or two out. I get that.

Yes, I just posted regarding the same itinerary regarding 2018. Very strange!!! It is a wonderful itinerary and highly recommended by a friend who did this last October and added on the tours in Tuscany. She was so impressed.

• 3 weeks later...
I received a brochure for 2019 and this itinerary is NOT even offered.

Bummer!!!

:loudcry:

Despite this, I'm slightly optimistic that Viking will soon announce the Med Odyssey itinerary for late 2018.

I've groused about this on social media and each time Viking has posted back "Stay tuned!" I also got an email directly to me from Viking saying the same thing.

Unless Viking is just having fun torturing its fans & customers maybe there's an announcement forthcoming.

Unfortunately, I'm an impatient redhead and not good at being patient.

Found almost the exact same ports on a Seabourne cruise in 2018. Hits Barcelona, Toulon and Dubrovnik, but missing port with a day trip to Herculaneum which is a top requirement of mine.

• 1 month later...

I've just booked, from the UK, for the October 16'th 2018 sailing on Viking Sky. Viking Oceans would appear to have released the itinerary and are probably in the process of contacting those of you who have expressed an interest. Bon voyage!

I've just booked, from the UK, for the October 16'th 2018 sailing on Viking Sky. Viking Oceans would appear to have released the itinerary and are probably in the process of contacting those of you who have expressed an interest. Bon voyage!

That is wonderful news! Thank you so much WillaFr, you are the best.