Anthem 9/23 to Bermuda. Thoughts on impact of Tropical Storm/Hurricane Jose?

Doc2725

How do we all think this will affect the cruise? (if it effects it at all)

Hard to say, if the storm does a loop around & heads back towards the coast it may be an issue, although at that point it will no longer be a tropical system. I would just keep a heads up, watch The Weather Channel for updates, & watch for any itinerary changes on the Royal website. Hope it all works out for you.

The latest models show it up beyond our area (at least I thought it did) by Thursday, so hopefully it will not have an impact by Saturday.

It's supposed to circle back around now and hang out in the middle of the ocean, between NYC and Bermuda.

I'm on this cruise too. I'm concerned about José lingering and turning back on us, plus Maria on the return. Others with more experience have told me not to worry, they will sail around it, but this seems to have the potential to really blow up into a bad situation. Canada may be an option? Looks like we have some heavy seas ahead.

I'm on this cruise also and keep listening to the weather channel about Jose and Maria. I'm hoping that the ship can get back to Bayonne on time to pick us up! I'm also doing back to back so I'll be going to Canada after Bermuda. My husband said that if we have to go to Canada instead of Bermuda, he's not going. He's only booked on the Bermuda portion.

According to the Weather Channel (not that I love their work but it's easy to find), it says this:

Monday-Monday night: Rain and gusty winds could brush parts of the coastal mid-Atlantic from Long Island to the Outer Banks of NC

Tuesday-Tuesday night: Areas from the Delmarva Peninsula to Long Island and Southern New England may be affected by gusty winds. Some bands of rain may wrap as far north as southern Maine.

Wednesday: Portions of coastal New England may see bands of rain, possibly heavy at times. Tropical storm-force winds are most possible on Nantucket Island, Martha's Vineyard and Cape Cod.

I can see that it's showing a turn south and then weakening after getting off the coast of Nantucket towards the end of the week, so that would put it well north of Bermuda. By Saturday, I just don't see anything indicating that it's going to be a real problem. But of course, these are only models and things change day to day.

Maybe. I am not too worried about Maria, as I don't think it will be that far North by then. Also, models are showing it heading to the Gulf, at least right now. Jose is a decent size, and I am more worried about the rough seas it will cause.

Maybe. I am not too worried about Maria, as I don't think it will be that far North by then. Also, models are showing it heading to the Gulf, at least right now. Jose is a decent size, and I am more worried about the rough seas it will cause.

I haven't seen any models with maria going to the gulf. José will hopefully be weakened by Saturday but will still be creating rough seas. Maria could be a problem on the way back. Then there's the Fujiwhara effect if they start to play off each other. I hope they give us some notice if they decide to switch to Canada. Personally, I'm starting to root for that. The weather in Bermuda looks windy and rainy for our time there, and onboard activities and performances could shut down if the seas are too rough.

I am on this sailing as well and if the weather model is accurate there isn't a chance we will see Bermuda! Maria is going to be nearby Bermuda on Monday and Tuesday when we are scheduled to arrive there. Even if they found path around it, we would encounter high winds and rain. 2 years ago we were notified the evening before we left that we were re-routed to Canada due to Hurricane Joaquin. And last year we were told of a re-route after we boarded the ship!

Get ready to be bored to death in Saint John. There is nothing there. And we may get rain from Jose. UHG! Good thing I got the drink package.

I am on this sailing as well and if the weather model is accurate there isn't a chance we will see Bermuda! Maria is going to be nearby Bermuda on Monday and Tuesday when we are scheduled to arrive there. Even if they found path around it, we would encounter high winds and rain. 2 years ago we were notified the evening before we left that we were re-routed to Canada due to Hurricane Joaquin. And last year we were told of a re-route after we boarded the ship!

Get ready to be bored to death in Saint John. There is nothing there. And we may get rain from Jose. UHG! Good thing I got the drink package.

I've heard Canada is cool in terms of historical stuff to see. If we go to Canada, it still looks like we will encounter rough seas in the way up, doesn't it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm just afraid anthem will go to Bermuda even with a hurricane nearby which would mean rough seas and terrible weather in Bermuda anyway... does anyone know how they make these decisions? Youtubing videos of hurricane hermine last year hitting deck 14 is scary!

As of the 2:00 PM update no mention of any modifications to this itinerary, although anything's still possible at this point. It's possible what's left of the storm (which will be extra-tropical by then) will not be significant enough to merit any changes. Anybody's guess.

Maria is the one we need to worry about. I read where they usually make a decision 48 hrs prior to sailing which would be Thursday. They are probably waiting to see where she comes out after hitting the Islands again.?. My worry is rough seas...

To those of you that this has happened to before, does Royal Caribbean offer you the option to cancel (with refund) if we go to Canada instead of Bermuda? .. I know this is unlikely but I need to ask..

They may or may not, hard to say at this point.

I'm also on this sailing with my parents. We are watching closely.

My mom said she's not packing yet. She said she'll wait to see how the storm(s) track so she can throw in some warm weather clothes if necessary. (I thought that was pretty smart!)

I was on that sailing through Hermione on the Anthem last September. We still went to Bermuda but it was pretty rough for 24 hours. My sister got sick, even with a patch. I was fine, with no meds.

And yes, I am also thrilled I got the drink package ;p, and yes, I hope the Anthem can get back in for our sailing on Saturday.

Good luck to us !!!

Latest tracker shows Maria coming up between the US and Bermuda on Monday... ahh! At this point, I almost feel more comfortable going to Canada...

I don't think Canada will happen, all the spaghetti models have Maria tracking that way after Monday.

If I were to guess, you are still going to Bermuda and will, hopefully, not be delayed coming back into Bayonne after the storm passes.

Heading to Canada, instead of Bermud,a would have you coming down in what is left of Maria.

I don't think Canada will happen, all the spaghetti models have Maria tracking that way after Monday.

If I were to guess, you are still going to Bermuda and will, hopefully, not be delayed coming back into Bayonne after the storm passes.

Heading to Canada, instead of Bermud,a would have you coming down in what is left of Maria.

But would't it have dissipated by that point? Its showing as a category 2 between US and Bermuda on Monday... even if it come up the northeast corridor, it would be at most a tropical storm by then?