Airfare from Philly to Honolulu?

FrannyK

Being a first time Hawaii visitor, not quite sure of a good airfare price from Philly to Honolulu roundtrip. Found one for $633/per person roundtrip last month but didn't act in time. Now I've found $677 roundtrip per person with just one stop in Dallas both ways. The times are really good for us and the layovers are short. I want to pull the trigger on this, but thought I'd ask for opinions. From what I can tell the airfares with only one stop are usually $800+. Still, I can't help thinking I still have time to secure airfare (our trip is in mid January).

I'm afraid to leave from Newark early in the a.m. in January because of weather. Plus, don't feel like driving home 1 1/2 hours from Newark when we live 15 minutes from PHL airport.

So, I just grabbed the flights on United for $677 each. Happy with the times. It's difficult to find reasonably priced weekend flights so I feel fortunate.

Thanks for your thoughts!

That's a great fare! I'm on the POA next month flying from Dallas. A friend travelling with me is flying from Hartford with a stop in Dallas. Her RT fare was around $1200. I'd be thrilled with a fare under $700!! Go for it!

You picked up a good fare. From LA to HNL in December/January is running about $460-$600. It is getting pretty late in the year for fares around your time. You might see a very slight reduction in Mid to late-October as they are trying to sell the seats after Thanksgiving but before Christma. But your piece of mind is worth every cent above those last minute sales.

And again after the Christmas rush (mid January) prices "may" be reduced in November. It is a long haul for you. Hope you are planning to spend a day or two recovering so that you will be able to enjoy your cruise. You did well in securing your flight.

I was also going to suggest Jet Blue/Hawaiian code share out of New York, direct, but understand your reluctance to chance snow, weather, and traffic.

Displaced local girl

Thanks everyone. Yep, I feel pretty good about the $677 fare. These flights are the shortest duration time-wise and our in and out of Honolulu flights are wide-body jets which gives us just a bit more room. We are flying in the day before the cruise and we will have a two day cushion after. All to do now is investigate ports and excursions :)

Thanks everyone. Yep, I feel pretty good about the $677 fare. These flights are the shortest duration time-wise and our in and out of Honolulu flights are wide-body jets which gives us just a bit more room. We are flying in the day before the cruise and we will have a two day cushion after. All to do now is investigate ports and excursions :)

I wouldn't miss sunrise on Haleakala, on Maui. Amazing experience, but dress warm!

Archived