PVP, Stop Calling Me!!!

cruisinfanatic

[quote name='Underwatr']This will help:
1. Caller ID
2. Voicemail

Probably not what has caused your calls but I've noticed that mine calls every time I browse the Carnival website when logged in.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=blue]You beat me to it Underwatr!! Thats when i get calls too, when i'm simply browsing the website![/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='SeaUs']How do those things stop calls?[/QUOTE]
They just stop you from bothering to answer them.

This will stop the calls, though:

change your phone number on your account
I have read some people put the Carnival number in! (ha ha)

Worked for me, put a "no longer in service" phone number in Edited by turning40withMickey

Mine called me all the time too. I finally booked thru him a few years ago and when I emailed with a question, he never responded.... Unfortunately, he stopped working for the company and someone else got my number. She calls within 5 minutes of my logging in. It's aggravating but if I'm not signed in, I won't see the best prices!

[quote name='turning40withMickey']They just stop you from bothering to answer them.

This will stop the calls, though:

change your phone number on your account
I have read some people put the Carnival number in! (ha ha)

Worked for me, put a "no longer in service" phone number in[/QUOTE]

I'd prefer to file a complaint with the FCC and be done with it.

Funny because my former PVP would get back to me in a timely manor and then there was a situation about a refund and since then I can email, call a million times and he will not answer me back. I know he is still with the company. I just call in now and get who I get...

[quote name='Pixelate']I'd prefer to file a complaint with the FCC and be done with it.[/QUOTE]It passes FCC muster because you have an "established business relationship" with them, i.e. the account on carnival.com with your contact info.

[quote name='Underwatr']It passes FCC muster because you have an "established business relationship" with them, i.e. the account on carnival.com with your contact info.[/QUOTE]

According to the 1088B Form provided by the FCC, a simple request for the company to no longer call you is sufficient.

"The rules permit consumers to further limit telemarketing calls to their residential telephone lines in two ways: by
signing on to the National Do-Not-Call Registry ([url]http://www.ftc.gov/donotcall/[/url])[COLOR="Red"][B] or by asking a particular business
not to call again (company-specific do-not-call request).[/B][/COLOR]"

[url]http://esupport.fcc.gov/crs/htm/praForm1088.htm?f=1088B[/url]
[url]http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/1088B-R.pdf[/url]
[url]http://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/DownloadDocument?documentID=411184&version=1[/url]

The 1088B Form states the following:

[COLOR="red"][B]In these situations, however, you may cancel the permission to call, end your business relationship, or prevent future calls based on a personal relationship by making a company-specific do-not-call request. Advertisers have no more than 30 days to honor National Do-Not-Call registrations and company-specific do-not-call requests. Such requests must be honored for a period of 5 years. [/B][/COLOR]

in response to:

[COLOR="Blue"][B](1) have agreed in writing to accept telemarketing calls from the business[/B][/COLOR]

Page 3 on the 1088B Form Edited by Pixelate