Pre cruise hotel package

shot2bits

We stayed at the Hilton a few years ago when we were booked on a FO cruise. The hotel was excellent and the room was very nice. You had to park your car round the back of the hotel and there was a designated cruise person who looked after you. They put your cases in a locked room (they have a designated area for cruisers luggage) and they are brought out the next morning when your taxi arrives. We had a short time to wait for the return taxi at the end of the cruise when we arrived back in Southampton. We ate in the hotel bar in the evening but you could book a table in their restaurant. The breakfast was very good, there was everything you wanted. The only thing about the Hilton is that it's on the outskirts of Southampton and not a lot around it, that's why we ate in the hotel.

We haven't stayed there again and this is only because we like to be in the centre of Southampton and now always stay at the Holiday Inn. We always now go to a certain Italian restaurant on Main Street - we'll be there on 30/04/15. Yippee..........:D:D

We have stayed at the Hilton 3 times. the first two times fantastic and with straight access onto the motorway we were on our way quicker than we would have been by coach. Last time in October there were three ships in both ends of our cruise. It was chaos and we finally got our car back at 1pm after waiting for over an hour for our coach back to the hotel. I also found someone else's car keys on my passenger seat. I took them back to reception who told me just to leave them on the desk, I didn't do that and had wait another half hour for the cruise man to come back to hand them to him.

I won't be leaving my car there again.

We have stayed at the Hilton 3 times. the first two times fantastic and with straight access onto the motorway we were on our way quicker than we would have been by coach. Last time in October there were three ships in both ends of our cruise. It was chaos and we finally got our car back at 1pm after waiting for over an hour for our coach back to the hotel. I also found someone else's car keys on my passenger seat. I took them back to reception who told me just to leave them on the desk, I didn't do that and had wait another half hour for the cruise man to come back to hand them to him.

I won't be leaving my car there again.

Coach? They told me it was a taxi transfer! Hope they are being truthful .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi there,

Just to say that our transfer from the Hilton was via coach, although this was a good 5 years ago. Maybe it has changed to taxi now.

We too prefer the Holiday Inn and always do a cruise park and stay package with them now. Location and organisation much better than the Hilton.

Sue