Picture ID for kids needed in ports?

Jonjonisatiger

I would like to know if picture ID is required for my 10-year-old son in the ports in addition to his seapass. I ask because I have seen many tips saying to leave passports in your safe, but also that picture ID is required. The only picture ID we have for him is his passport. Other info:

-Southern Caribbean cruise leaving from San Juan.

-We are Canadian.

We'd prefer to keep the passports in the safe. If it is required, would a copy suffice, or a picture on my phone?

TIA

I would like to know if picture ID is required for my 10-year-old son in the ports in addition to his seapass. I ask because I have seen many tips saying to leave passports in your safe, but also that picture ID is required. The only picture ID we have for him is his passport. Other info:

-Southern Caribbean cruise leaving from San Juan.

-We are Canadian.

We'd prefer to keep the passports in the safe. If it is required, would a copy suffice, or a picture on my phone?

TIA

Photo IDs are only required for those 16 and over to return to the US. Typically, returning to the ship in post stops, photos IDs are only necessary for those 18 and over.

I ask because I have seen many tips saying to leave passports in your safe, but also that picture ID is required.

A lot of people recommend you carry picture ID everywhere, but in the Caribbean there are few places where it's required.